Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our New "FAN" Club

We have enjoyed having Tyler's parents here for a week. Marilyn was a great help in loving on Aubrey and in entertaining the older sisters. Lee was an awesome help for completing some of Tyler's to-do list around the house including fixing Tyler's car and installing light fixtures/fans in four of our rooms.
If any of you have been in our house, you may have noticed the big void in our entryway. This tiny light fixture that you can barely see in Tyler's hands is what came with the house, and we heard the same question over and over again, "how will you change that light bulb?" Renting a 16-foot ladder was the answer, but luckily it was only for once. I couldn't even get the entire ladder in one camera shot. This was one huge ladder.We changed that tiny light for a fancier chandelier.
It is definitely more pleasing to the eyes.
Our new fan club consists of 3 new fan/light fixtures. One for the master bedroom:
One for the guest bedroom:
And one for the girls' bedroom: (pink of course, however, the fan blades are reversible so if the girls ever grow out of pink, the other side of the blades are blue.)
And can I have a blog without a cute picture of the girls? Of course not, so here's one of Abby and Tessa and how they like to play these days. I wonder what people think when they see them playing without bikes but with bike helmets? :)
Finally, I forgot this cute story when Aubrey and I were in the hospital. Tyler took Abby and Tessa to Build-A-Bear, so they could give something to their new baby sister. They made Hearts (fitting since it was 4 days before Valentine's Day). They each were able to pick a heart, kiss it, and put it inside Hearts which makes me tear up every time I think about it - so cute! There's also a music box in Hearts so it sings a song when you push one of the paws. I thought it was an adorable gift from the girls that Aubrey will always have to be her own.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't get over Aubrey's hair! Maybe because it reminds me so much of Shayla's. Such a cute picture of her w/Hearts! Your new chandelier looks awesome. Everyone needs a "fan club" in Texas!

Line'sLucky3 said...

OMG...can you send me Aubrey? She is so darn cute! I seriously just wanna squeeze her. Aubrey, come to Guam...you would so fit in with the rest of my 1/2 Mexican 1/2 Tongan girls.

4sweetboys1princess said...

The gift idea is really cute- what a sweet bear.

Unknown said...

I LOVE all the fans--especially the chandelier! That Aubrey is soooo cute!

Peggy said...

Your girls are so cute! The baby is beautiful. Congratulations!

Linda said...

Your little Aubrey is gorgeous! I can't believe all that hair! And your home looks beautiful. I love to visit your blog now and then and read about your adorable little family. All that cuteness must come from your mom's side of the family- or Tyler's! =)

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...