So an eventful weekend for the 4th of July! We spent it with family. My brother, John, flew in from Utah and he got to hang out with us before we drove back to my parent's house. Here he is with Aubrey. This picture keeps changing to sideways when I upload it, but oh well, it's still cute.
We started the weekend off with our ward pancake breakfast which included a bike parade. We decorated Abby's scooter using all the red, white, and blue items she could find around the house.
Tessa and Aubrey were going to ride in the wagon, but with rainy weather, we opted out of that.
Tessa was fine using her umbrella instead.
After Tyler's work, we drove out to my parent's and got together to watch the fireworks. We were a bit farther than we should have been, but we still saw them and enjoyed the time together, at least until Tyler and I had a to make a quick getaway to get Tessa to a potty. So we missed the finale, but Abby got to stay and tell us all about it when she came back with her aunt and uncle.
Someone in the parking lot played patriotic music pretty loud for everyone to hear, so John took a turn dancing with Tessa.
Tyler wouldn't give me a serious face for a picture, but I thought this one turned out cute anyway and I love that you can see Abby's nails that we painted the day before-red, white, and blue stripes.
Tessa got to sit on the van for a minute when she got too antsy waiting for the fireworks. Luckily it wasn't for long, because she made me very nervous up there.
We finished the weekend eating lots of food, playing games, swimming, and celebrating birthdays. We had a great time.
As for my Post Title of PIES, I've been attempting to make pies on a regular basis ever since Tyler requested a pie for Father's Day. I found a sure fire way to make pie crusts that are super yummy, so it makes me want to try more. Here are a few of my pies I've made recently:
The one that started it all - Fresh Strawberry Pie
A Peach Pie with Streusel Topping
And my personal favorite so far: Lime Meringue Pie, which I forgot to take a picture of until after we starting eating it. Yummy!
Anyway, it's been a fun and tasty hobby to try. Too bad it interferes with my exercise and diet plan. Oh well, it's summer time right? Why not enjoy it?!? We definitely are!
No comments:
Post a Comment