Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring is Here, Summer is Near

I have recently been preparing the blog to print into books, so I've been aware of what I want to make sure gets included in our family journal. I realized that I really wanted some of the following pictures included, so I've combined them into a post since they all happened in the Spring.
During our Spring Break my Grandma Jeanne came to visit. She is the girls' Great-grandma Solheim and Aubrey's middle name is Jeanne after her, so I made sure to get a picture of just Aubrey with her namesake.
Grandma Solheim watched the girls for me a couple times and hung out with us a few days. She tells the best stories and she loved playing with the girls. She caught butterflies with Tessa and Aubrey on their Elefun game, cheered on Abby as she worked on her cart wheels, and even danced with all of us on the Wii. We had a great time!
  I love having pictures of Tyler with the girls. 
 This is what Tyler usually sees when we Skype with him on the computer each night - the girls all squished together on the couch.
 Taryn has reached a lot of milestones this spring. She started sitting up on her own, rolling around all over the floor, and eating solid foods. The highchair picture is of her first feeding which was right after Easter. We still use cusions around her when she sits up because she will face plant if she gets too excited and leans too far to one side or the other.
 We have spent lots of time outside as the weather warms up. We joined Abby during her field trip (post to come soon) and the girls enjoyed the playground very much. The hard part was getting them to stand still long enough for me to take a picture. 
The summer is near because we are already swimming. The pool at Grandma's house is now open and even though the water is pretty cold, the girls do not care. The weather has even been hot enough a couple of days that we have all swam together, but the girls would swim every day no matter what if they could. 
  On one of those hot days we decided to let Taryn have her first experience with the pool. The water temperature was a bit too cold still for her to enjoy it, but she didn't seem to mind sitting on the step for at least a few pictures. I'm sure she'll be a total water baby by the end of the summer.
Hopefully I've included all the pictures I wanted for our blog book. There will definitely be more coming as Abby finishes another year of school and we prepare to move across the state and start a new adventure in a new area and home.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...