In between our two days at Legoland, we spent one full day at Disneyland. The girls were so excited to try all the rides. They remembered a few from our last trip over two years ago and they were excited to see those rides again and try some new ones. Tessa was convinced that roller coasters were not for her, so when we had to split up, Tyler took Abby and Aubrey on the bigger rides while Taryn, Tessa and I would find a kiddie ride we could go on at the same time. It worked out great.
To begin our day, I had to get a picture of Taryn who was ready and waiting to meet her favorite character - Minnie Mouse. Once inside the park, we did the most rides in that first hour. All the ones in Fantasyland right behind the castle. We happened upon Olaf on the roof of this food place and a lady standing there was nice enough to take our picture so we could all be in it.
The girls really wanted to ride everything so they made us go on the Carousel even though Tyler and I are not big fans. I did get some pictures of all the girls on their horses though that I thought were cute.
We also got pictures while on the Dumbo ride. This is one ride I remember taking pictures on when we first went to Disneyland after Tyler graduated Optometry school. Tessa was a newborn and Abby was 2 1/2. It was a long time ago, so I thought it'd be fun to have pictures this time around on the same ride.
We caught a train ride on the Casey Jr Train and the girls were so excited to ride in the "monkey" cage. These are some of my favorite pictures from the day. We also liked seeing the newest addition to their boat ride tour - the castle in Arrendelle and Elsa's ice castle up in the mountains. That was pretty cool.
After hitting all those rides in the middle of the park, we headed back to Toon Town with our first goal being to find Minnie Mouse, and we did! The lines back here this early in the morning were non-existent. We rode all the rides a ton of times (like the Gadget Go-Coaster) and the line to meet Minnie was super short too. I was so excited to get this picture of Taryn with Minnie. We then took some more as we got to walk through her house. The girls loved this because her house was closed last time we came.
Here's the only picture I took from the roller coaster in Toon Town. We seriously walked right on the ride the first time and probably rode it 3 more times with less than a 5 minute wait each time. It was awesome.
Taryn and Tessa played in the playhouses while Tyler and I took turns going with the other two girls on the roller coaster. Here are some of the pictures I took of the girls around Toon Town.
Another ride we went on was the Autopia Car ride. Abby could drive but wasn't old enough to have a passenger so Tessa and Taryn squeezed in with me. This was another ride that was kind of hard for Abby and it didn't help that we kept yelling at her from behind to keep driving. She got off the ride pretty upset, but for her first time driving a car, she actually did pretty well.
We waited in line to meet some princesses and the girls loved going in each room to find out which princess it would be. They even talked to the girls awhile before taking pictures. Snow White was the best. She told the girls they were so brave to go on roller coasters and she was just the perfect Snow White. Her voice and mannerisms were awesome.
Some of the bigger rides that we went on were the Matterhorn (Aubrey, Abby, and Tyler only), Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Indiana Jones (Abby, Tyler, and Ally only). These were some of our favorite rides but we didn't have any pictures. When the others rode the Matterhorn (which was Aubrey's favorite ride), Taryn, Tessa, and I rode the Alice in Wonderland ride. I took this picture just as we got into our car, and it jerked forward when we weren't expecting it, which is why we have such surprised looks on our faces. Aubrey was happy to tell everyone that her favorite ride was the "bobsled one", but now she talks about how she wants to go on the "caterpillar" ride (Alice in Wonderland) because she missed riding it this time.
We went on Splash Mountain multiple times because we got the Fast Pass and then used the kid swap since Taryn wasn't big enough for that one. Tyler talked Tessa into trying that ride, but after the first little dip, she was too scared and cried the rest of the ride. We also forgot that that ride doesn't have any seatbelts or lapbars, so it probably just made her fear worse after she had told us the day before that she always feels like she's going to fall out. We rode a third time after another couple gave us their kid swap ticket because their son didn't like the ride either. So Abby and Aubrey got to ride it three times. In the meantime, whoever was waiting would ride the Winnie the Pooh ride, so the other girls got to ride this ride multiple times. This is where I took my pictures. Aubrey was super ecstatic to ride this one because it was the ride she was most looking forward to riding last time we came (2 years ago) and we didn't ever get to ride it because it was broken. She was so happy to get to ride it this time.
One of our final times separating was while Tyler took Abby and Aubrey on the Runaway Train roller coaster. So Tessa, Taryn, and I rode the big steamboat around Tom Sawyer island. We went up to the very top deck and the very front of the boat as we sailed around the island. It was cool. A ride I don't think I've ever done in all my times to visit Disneyland. The bull horn was a little loud for the girls, but they enjoyed the ride.
One of our final rides was It's a Small World. Every time we went by to try it during the day, the line was so long. We finally decided to just bite the bullet and wait in line. It looked forever long, but really ended up being like 30 minutes. The lights were really cool and every 15 minutes they did a light show on the building set to music so that was fun. This was near the end of our very long day and the end of my phone battery, so I took a couple last pictures. I love this first one because I couldn't even get everyone in the shot (Tessa's forehead barely made it) and Aubrey's face basically says it all on how long a day we'd had thus far. The people in line behind us were kind and offered to take a picture of all of us so I could be in the picture too.
After this ride you walk through a store with souvenirs. This is where the girls decided to pick out their gifts that Tyler promised them. They each got a big baby doll of one of the princesses. We were thinking we were done for the day, but decided really quickly to make a trip to the Indiana Jones ride. Abby was the only one tall enough for that ride, but she really wanted to ride it. The other girls and I rode the Jungle Cruise (which ended up being one of my favorites because the tour guide was hilarious with all her puns) while Tyler and Abby waited in line. It was the longest line of the day. The other girls finally pulled out their new dolls and happily played while we waited for Tyler and Abby to make it out of the ride. Abby and I then used the kid swap pass so that I could ride it too. It was a lot of fun. A lot of those big rides I hadn't ridden in a long time because we either had too little of kids or I was pregnant the last few times we had been, so it was fun to get a chance to ride them all again.
As we walked back to our hotel, the girls were all falling asleep. They did really well considering how long we were there. Aubrey rode in the stroller and was holding Taryn on her lap. I got a little nervous as they both fell asleep because Aubrey lost her grip on Taryn and Taryn was nodding off to the side. I thought she would plop right off the stroller, but we made it to the hotel without any injuries. It was a great day! The girls really loved our whole trip, but if you ask them, I think they all would say that Disneyland was their most favorite part. We loved all the memories we made and I can't wait to have a scrapbook made of all our pictures.
































No comments:
Post a Comment