Friday, February 19, 2016

It's 2016! And We Did Some Crazy Stuff!

To start out the new year, I've collected all my January pictures and some of them seem to run under the same theme of Crazy! But before we get to the really crazy stuff, I'll start with our family's New Year's resolution. We decided, after being challenged in church, to make sure we read the entire Book of Mormon as a family this year. We've done it before, but with more of the girls actually reading this time around, I was excited to start again. I found an idea on Pinterest that gave you rewards after finishing each book, like cupcakes or a dinner out, and I thought this would help motivate us. So far it's been working great, and we're even ahead of schedule. This brings us to my first picture. While reading one night, Taryn was sitting on Tyler's lap, and it was so cute I had to take a picture. It turned out even better when I captured Taryn looking at him. I love it so much!

Cupcakes were the reward after finishing 1st Nephi, so I made a new cupcake to try. It was a chocolate cupcake with a caramel candy center with caramel frosting. I thought they were super yummy. Everyone else seemed to think so too. We even shared them with the Kasallis family. I almost forgot to take a picture so I grabbed one after everyone was almost done eating. I tried to get a picture of the cupcake itself, but it wasn't the greatest. Oh well. The kids were excited for the treat and it's keeping them motivated to read every night. 

In the middle of January, the girls dressed up for class pictures at school, so I took pictures before taking them to school that morning. I love my girls. They're so beautiful! 

And then the craziness begins... Don't you just love Taryn's beautiful picture?!? She still loves taking pictures using Abby's crazy teeth from Halloween. Even though Taryn didn't have a school picture, I couldn't not include her in the pictures of each girl. 

Tyler's been playing softball with some friends almost every weekend. We finally ended up going to his games one Saturday and I decided I needed pictures of him playing. They always play two games and they win one and lose one almost every week. That was the case when we were there too. I love watching them play, and the girls didn't mind watching and playing around the park. I was happy to get some kind of documentation of Tyler's extra activities so that I could post about them here. He plays outfield and always makes the awesome catches. He was too far away to take a picture of him in the outfield, but I did get some as he waited to bat and while he was batting.

I feel like I had to take a picture of Taryn just to have record of the outfit she picked on her own for church one Sunday. Crazy right? She picked out the dress and the tights and refused when we tried talking her into a different pair of tights. You should have seen her with her shoes on too. She picked her white, high-heeled Sunday shoes, but they're like sandals, so her toes were showing and everything. It was awesome! I know she'll love this picture when she's a teenager. We just had to smile and shake our heads and let her go how she wanted to. Apparently her friends still stood by her for pictures, so I guess it turned out fine. :) And finally, Tyler found Teagan's Olaf costume and decided to model it for everyone while we were together with the Kasallis's. 

See what I mean about how a lot of my January pictures were related in the crazy department?!? It was a fun month of spending time together as a family and with our friends. It was a great start to the new year!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...