I wanted to start this post with a few pictures about a block party we had one weekend. It's been a dream of mine ever since we moved onto a cul-de-sac to have a block party and invite all the neighbors. Especially now that we know more than half of the people who live on our street, I've really wanted to do this. One night we kind of had an impromptu block party and BBQ, and it just makes me want to do it even more and really put some planning into the next one. It was so much fun.
Our Spring Break was pretty low key this year. We stayed home and Tyler worked, but we did have some visitors who made it more fun for the kids. The week before our Spring Break started, Grandma and Grandpa Gibbons came to visit. We had fun eating out with them, going to the school to have lunch with the girls, and just hanging out. We met them at Applebees when they first pulled into town. I took a ton of pictures trying to get the right flash without it being too bright, but this goofy picture was the best one of the bunch.
We picked up some pizzas and spent an entire afternoon at the school one day, so we could eat with all three girls. I didn't think about taking pictures until the last lunch, Abby's. It was a really cute picture though. Taryn was a good sport to sit through all those lunch times too.
I had a Relief Society activity the week that they were visiting, so Marilyn went with me. We were celebrating the Relief Society's birthday and we had a dinner. I took a picture of our entire group. We sat at tables determined by our own birth month, so Marilyn and I didn't even get to sit together, but everyone was very friendly and we had a good time.
We love when family comes to visit and are always sad to see them go.
AJ Kasallis turned 12 right before Spring Break and their family had a dinner party with a bunch of families from church. We caught all the youth at one point to grab a picture and I wanted to include that here. They are a great group of kids and I'm excited for Abby to grow up with them.

Like I said, we mostly hung out at home for Spring Break. The girls played a lot of tablets and phones and other electronics. Abby and Taryn looked so cute together on their phones playing games, that I had to grab a picture.They could barely even spare the time to smile let alone look up for the picture.
We did take one afternoon to go to a park to play. The girls picked the "spiderman park" because of its huge "spider's web" that they can climb. I pulled out my phone to take some pictures so we'd have some account of what we did during Spring Break this year.
You can tell from Taryn's hair that the girls also got to play beauty parlor and they colored their own hair using hair chalk that we have. They entertained themselves pretty well during their week off from school.



The girls had fun making up their own games including a ninja warrior course and using the back of the drums as a hiding place.
During the second half of our Spring Break week, Grandma and Grandpa Black came to visit. We just hung out and did some shopping to get the girls new Easter dresses. The most exciting thing we did together was have an ice cream sundae party because we had finished reading 2nd Nephi and that was our treat for finishing that book. It was yummy and fun to have all the exciting toppings like angel food cake, hot fudge, and of course whipped cream and cherries.
The last thing I wanted to include was a birthday party that we went to at Peter Piper Pizza. It happened a week or so after Spring Break, but it was in March and the girls had lots of fun.
The party was for one of Tessa's school friends, but they let us all play, so Aubrey and Taryn had a blast as well. The cutest thing I saw was at the roller coaster video game where it's only meant for two. However, Tessa and her classmates would squeeze as many kids on as possible so they could all enjoy the ride together. Here's Tessa with three of her friends. It was so funny to watch.
Even though we didn't travel anywhere this Spring Break, we still made our own memories and had fun with family and friends.



















No comments:
Post a Comment