After the full week with Tyler's family, we spent the weekend with my family as they started flying in for my grandma's party. Friday morning, we spent some time at my Grandma's house as she told us all stories of some of the things she's been doing that we were going to spotlight at her party that night. John and Mckaye were there, as well as Paul and his family. Grandma is very good about writing down her life stories, so she shared some of them with us and showed us things she had made like her own jewelry box, some pottery bowls, and her own pens.
I took a some pictures of my kids with their great-grandmother because I love having these kinds of pictures. Abby wanted her own picture with Grandma because she kept telling her friends how short her great-grandma was and that she was taller than her. So here's the proof. Grandma Willes is always known as Tiny Grandma.
Once I started the picture taking, we basically had to have a whole photo session so everyone could get pictures with Grandma. Here's our four-generation picture with my kids, me, my dad, and my grandma.

After lunch, we went with Paul and family to the Bean Museum on the BYU campus. They've updated it a ton since the last time our family had visited, so it was fun to see everything new. I took this first picture at the front entry display, but the animals were too big to be in the picture too. I told the kids that at least we got the giraffe bums in the picture. :)
I told the girls I'd take their individual picture with whatever animal they chose, but it started with Tessa's stare down with this guy which Taryn looked on. Aubrey picked to have her picture taken with the peacocks.
Tessa wanted her official picture by the swans, and Abby loves elephants.
After we finished at the museum, we walked around campus for a bit. We stopped by a waterfall that starts a stream that follows a walkway. Tyler got the kids to have a stick race by dropping sticks on one side of the sidewalk and seeing which one came out the other side first. I think I remember Tyler saying that his stick won.
Tessa did a school project last year about BYU and during her research, she learned about an art piece made from string and light creating a rainbow. We looked it up and found the real thing in the Museum of Art. It was pretty cool. We took one picture from underneath and one from farther away so you can see the rainbow more clearly.
We ended up at the park where the birthday party was going to be held a little early, so that we could help set up. Some of my cousins' kids and some of my Aunt's kids and my kids were having a blast playing together. Aubrey was so excited to tell the other girls that they were her second cousins. Here are some pictures at the beginning of the party and near the end as the sun was going down.
There were paper tablecloths on the picnic tables for the kids to color while we waited to eat. And they had a timeline of Grandma's life that took up two tables. I wish I had taken a picture of all of it, but I only grabbed this closeup of these pictures because it's of my dad with his parents. I love that it shows his curly blond hair and blue eyes, which is where Tessa gets her hair and eye color from. I thought it was so cute!
Here's the table display of all the things my grandma created herself. There was also a table of all the life stories and journal binders that she did, plus a backdrop of tons of pictures with grandma and all her family. I loved the signs they had created too. It really was a fun time celebrating the life of one awesome lady and her 90 years of life so far.
The next morning before people started heading home, we stopped by grandma's house one more time for lunch and to say goodbyes. Some of the group had gone zip-lining that morning because that's what my grandma wanted to do for her 90th birthday. So we got to hear about their adventures as we ate lunch. We also took one big family picture. All we were missing was Scott and his family and Matt and Taylor.
Here were the siblings that were there that afternoon, so it's Grandma with my dad and two of my dad's sisters, Chris and Linda.
We left to drive back home that day. We stayed in a hotel in Farmington, and we got there with time to swim that night. I decided I didn't need to get wet, so I just watched and took this picture of the family while they swam in the pool. They said it was warm water and they liked the waterfall.
We love our family and all the memories we get to make together. It was so fun being able to see both sides of our extended family in one trip. Families are forever!






















No comments:
Post a Comment