Tessa finished off the 4th grade with a bang. She loved anything from her Science class, especially the labs. She came home one day excited to recreate something her teacher had done in class. She was learning about caves and stalagmites and stalactites, and she wanted to create her own cave experiment at home. After multiple explanations from her teacher and looking up information online, we finally made a successful cave, complete with stalactites, stalagmites, and columns. It hung out in our kitchen area for weeks. I finally took a picture of it with Tessa so we could clean it up. She loved it! Our first attempt didn't work correctly, so we tired again and the second try was much more successful.
We had an entire post about our trip to the Carlsbad Caverns over Spring Break, but Tessa was the one who pushed us to go because she wanted to see it so much. The cool part was that we used the 4th grade pass to get in free because when you are in the 4th grade in the Unites States, you can get a free pass to get into any national park. Carlsbad Caverns was our first adventure using her free pass. We used it more after school was out as well, but we were so proud of Tessa taking an interest in the things she was learning about in school.
On Tessa's birthday, I took her class donuts and her teacher was nice enough to let me take a picture of their entire class. Mrs. Adkins was Tessa's math and science teacher. She loved her and learned so much from her. She had a fun class and they were all so happy to celebrate her birthday with her since they got a fun treat!
We went to the Fine Arts Night at school and this was the picture that Tessa had displayed in the Art hallway. It was her pop-art picture of a turtle.
The 4th grade field trip is a day at the ballpark to watch the triple A baseball team, the Chihuahua's play. They were very limited on how many chaperones can go and I was not picked. Tessa was pretty sad that I didn't get to go with them, but I had my dentist appointment that same day, so it's probably better that I didn't have to reschedule. Luckily, some of my friends who are 4th grade moms went and took pictures for me. Here are some of the 4th graders having their picture taken. Tessa's class chose the bright pink color for their class shirts.
And here are a few other pictures of Tessa during the game. The second picture is Tessa with her friends Victoria, Ainsleigh, and Juliet.
At the beginning of June, the school held their talent show. The week leading up to that night, Tessa and her friend Adrianna, decided to enter the talent show and sing a song together.They sang a song that they had made up together. They planned out their outfits and practiced a ton at school. It was a cute song about being friends and always being together. I was so proud of Tessa because she's usually shy about stuff like that, but she did really well and had a fun time. I took a picture before the talent show started, and I also took one during their performance. They had a few actions during their song too, so it was choreographed and everything.
On the last day of school, I helped plan Tessa's class party. Her teacher, Mr. Martinez had trivia questions that the kids answered and the other moms and I brought in fixings for ice cream sundaes. The kids had a lot of fun and it was great to see them interact with each other and enjoy their last day. Tessa is right in the middle of her class sitting on the special chairs between the row of desks.
Here is the final picture of Tessa on the last day of school. She had a great time in 4th grade once her teacher situation got settled. I'm glad that she really liked Mr. Martinez as her GT teacher because she will have him in 5th grade as well. She was happy about that too. She made all high As on her report card and continues to excel on all tests and work. She's excited for the next year to come since she'll be the oldest grade at the school next year. She had a very successful 4th grade year. Congratulations Tessa!












No comments:
Post a Comment