Tyler and I have been coaching Aubrey's volleyball team again. This season her team decided on the team name, Lucky Charms; and some moms made these awesome tye-dye shirts for the team. We took these team pictures and the one of Aubrey serving on a night when we had two games and we won them both. Our girls had so much fun playing together. They cheered for everything and had all kinds of chants and cheers that they yelled constantly throughout the games. You could definitely tell that they were having fun.
Lucky Charms ended up third in the after season tournament. We won our first two games to stay on the winners side of the bracket. Then we lost our next game that would have put us in the championship game, but it meant we ended up third overall. I was so proud of these girls and all of their hard work. Here's a silly picture we took after the girls got their medals.
And here are a few closeups of Aubrey and Aubrey and Riley with their medals. They all played so well together and just had fun.
Remember our chickens that we got back at Easter time? Here's the finished chicken house that Tyler built when we finally moved them from their temporary box inside our house. We kept telling the girls it wouldn't be until around Taryn's birthday that the chickens would be old enough to start laying eggs. Well they were right on schedule and at the beginning of October, almost exactly 6 months after we bought the baby chicks, we got our first chicken egg. The girls are so excited to check for eggs every day now. And we usually get between 2 and 4 eggs every day.
We harvested the sweet potatoes from our garden too and got a pretty good haul. For Taryn's birthday dinner, we had a Thanksgiving feast and we used all of these sweet potatoes from the garden. It was yummy! I love taking random pictures of the girls, so I caught them all in the kitchen one day so we took this tower picture. I love my girls!
On October 13th, Shawn Mendes was in town for one night for a concert. Tyler promised tickets to Abby and Braelinn a couple months back when they babysat a bunch of kids so we could go out on a big couple's date. Tessa and I got to tag along. We took pictures as we waited in the long line to get into the arena. The girls were so excited! And we saw so many people that we knew. It was a pretty popular event.
We got there early so Abby could get a t-shirt and we waited for quite awhile for the concert the start. We had great seats. On the 2nd row, pretty close to the stage.
It was Tessa's first official concert. She loved being able to say that she was already going to her first concert at age 11; especially after I told her that my first concert wasn't until I was in college.
Here's one of the best up close pictures I could get of Shawn while he was performing. We stood the entire time and everyone sang along with all of his songs. It was a great performance. I loved being able to take pictures of the girls with the stage and Shawn behind them. It shows how close we actually were.
Khalid, another singer who's from El Paso, even came out and sang a couple of songs with Shawn Mendes. It was like a two for one concert when they were both performing. The crowd was going crazy!
These girls were screaming and singing and loving every second. Shawn would occasionally wave out at the crowd and at one point he was facing our side when he waved and the girls were convinced he was waving at them. Their main line they always said when talking about the concert afterwards was, "He legit waved at us! I have it on video!" It was hilarious.
He was a really good performer. I even knew more songs than I thought I would. Abby and Braelinn knew every song he sang. It was a really fun night.
We grabbed a few more pictures as we left the arena and walked back to our car. The girls said they'd never forget this night. It was a fun time.
In honor of Taryn's birthday, I've added a few pictures of Taryn with her sisters while we talk about Taryn turning 7. I feel like 7 is such a big milestone. To me, 6 is still a little kid, while 7 is the beginning of the big kid stage. We no longer have little kids in our house! Here's Taryn with me and Abby after one of our duet performances. She wanted to be in our picture and I thought it turned out pretty cute. Abby even mentioned how much Taryn looks like her in this picture. They are the most similar in looks of all the girls.
Taryn's in first grade and loving school. Her teacher says she's a big helper in class and she's always giving Taryn jobs like helping teach another student something they missed after being absent. She loves making friends and being nice to everyone. She's awesome at the monkey bars and has the calluses on her hands to prove it. She loves playing games with her sisters and playing barbies and the wii. She likes to star in movies that she makes with her sisters. She likes playing games on phones whether it's mine, Tyler's, grandma's, or anyone else's that she can get her hands on.
She's always happy and although she's starting to get a little sassy like a tween, she's still pretty sensitive and definitely recognizes the feelings of others and is ready to cheer anyone up who's feeling down. She still loves to read and in her free time, you can usually find her on the coach surrounded by books. We had a big Sunday dinner on her actual birthday and she picked three families from our ward to join us for dinner. Besides the Kasallis's who we always celebrate birthdays with, Taryn picked two other families who have little kids because she loves playing with "babies." We love that she's in our family and couldn't imagine it without her.
We love you Taryn! Happy Birthday!



























No comments:
Post a Comment