Saturday, August 17, 2019

May, Part 2 - Parties, Birthdays, Memorial Day

Tyler has been called to be our ward's Young Men President. He is in charge of all the young men ages 12-18. For a combined youth activity, we hosted a speed friending night where the youth were paired up and had to ask questions to get to know each other. After 30 seconds or so, a bell was rung and they had to switch seats to meet someone knew. It got a little loud as everyone tried to ask questions quickly, but everyone had a great time. They were rewarded treats for knowing the answers to questions for specific people. They had a fun time.

I love getting pictures when the girls are all dressed up for church. I hadn't had a picture on the stairs for awhile, so one Sunday in May, I had the girls pose for a picture for me. I love these sweet girls and their beautiful faces.

I like to do re-enactment photos and this picture on the left is one of my all-time favorite pictures from when Tyler was living in College Station and we went down to visit him during a spring break back in 2012. I love all of their faces because they are all so different and all so expressive. I had the girls re-enact the picture making the exact same faces, so here are the pictures side by side. 2012 and 2019. I love it!

Abby likes to take pictures on her phone using an app that makes the pictures kind of old fashioned. She took this picture of the two of us while we waited for the other girls to get out of school one day. I thought it turned out really cute and love how you can see the similarities between us. I love my teenager.

Abby's club volleyball team had a party at Diya's house. They are originally from India and wanted to host a party all season long so they could cook us authentic Indian food. Tyler and the other girls were at a ward party, so it was just Abby and I that attended, but she had fun with her friends playing volleyball, soaking in the hot tub, and taking pictures with her teammates.

Andrea's dad created a slideshow of pictures from throughout the season with some clips from their games, and it was debuted at this party. The girls had fun watching it and so did the parents and coaches.

All the moms decided to get a picture together. We really enjoy spending time together and this season of club volleyball was really so much fun because we all got along so well. After this party and this picture, we took more pictures of just the moms whenever we were together at our remaining events. I just love these ladies.

The Stars Volleyball club had their final banquet in May. We had a potluck lunch and the girls were given certificates. My other girls loved the Americana decorations and we as parents spent a lot of time talking about fundraisers since we had to start preparing for Nationals. One of our fundraisers was to get businesses to donate money and their name would be on the back of t-shirt that we created for the girls to wear at Nationals. We ended up having enough sponsors for two t-shirts and the design for this red shirt that we had made was done by me and Abby. We got the idea to add the girls' names from another parent, but Abby and I created the rest of the design and it became one of the shirts that we had made and would wear while in Indianapolis for Nationals.

This was a final team picture that we had taken at the end of the season to help advertise the team for our fundraisers.

For a Kasibbons dinner, we celebrated my birthday and Teagan's birthday since our birthdays are only a couple days apart. We had friends over to help us celebrate and Audrey made two cakes so we'd each have our own candles to blow out. It was a fun evening. We traveled to San Antonio on my birthday which was the day after the last day of school. We got to San Antonio early enough to go see the new Aladdin movie in the theaters. We had the entire theater to ourselves because their schools were not out yet. We spent the weekend with Scott's family and he made me a cheesecake for my birthday cake. Yummy!

The girls love playing with their cousins. We spend most of our time hanging out indoors, playing games, and entertaining children. Nadia is one of Tessa's favorites and she always asked to have her picture taken as she played with her. So here are a couple I took while they played together.
 

I got this picture taken on my birthday with all the young nieces and nephews - Alexa, Daniel, Nadia, and Haley. I love them so much!

Haley has the hardest time adjusting to new people, but she warmed up to the girls quickly, especially if they read books to her. Daniel loved being able to play just like his big sisters and Taryn liked taking her turn "watching" her cousin and reading with him.

With two extra adults, Scott and Nevla felt comfortable enough to take the kids to their neighborhood pool. With four kids ages 4 and under, we each were in charge of one baby to make sure they were safe in the pool. So there definitely wasn't any free time to take pictures while in the pool, but I was able to grab this picture while they dried off after swimming.

We decided to do a quick date night while we were there, so Abby, Tessa, and Chloe were left in charge of all the babies after they were put to bed. And we took about an hour to go play pool. We hadn't done that in forever and it was fun to play with just the adults and to get out for a night. We only had time to play a couple games before we decided we needed to head back and relieve the babysitters, but we had fun together doing a kid-free activity.

After church on Sunday, we took some pictures while everyone was dressed up in their pretty dresses. Getting everyone to smile and be ready for a picture was no easy feat. I think the picture on the left was taken before church when we had some of the kids ready. We were able to get the picture on the right after church before changing out of clothes. Cousins are so fun!
 

Once we let the babies go inside to get changed and put down for naps, I continued taking pictures of the older girls with Chloe. She loves when we come visit because there are so many girls her age to play with. I thought this picture of the five of them turned out so cute. We also took some individual pictures of each of my girls with Chloe, so here's Chloe with Tessa.

And here she is with Abby and Aubrey. Taryn decided she was done with pictures by this point too.

This was my all time favorite picture of the girls. I love their smiling faces. Chloe is just 6 months older than Aubrey and she fits right in line with my girls. We love our family and we love that we get to see them so often on the holidays.

To finish out our May post, I had just a few pictures from Aubrey's final volleyball games. My mom took these pictures of Aubrey as she served the ball and passed the ball. She works really hard and loves to play.
 

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...