Abby has been practicing her driving as she prepares for her upcoming driving test and we spent the month of November working on her parallel parking. A couple times a week, we would drag out our trash cans and line them up by the curb and use those as “cars” so Abby could practice backing in to park without worrying about hitting an actual car. She did really well with her practice and even got to the point where she practiced behind Tyler’s car. I figured I need a picture to remember these days during the year she had a learners permit.

Here is Abby’s sophomore picture for their school yearbook. With virtual school so far this year, we’re not sure how they’ll do a yearbook, but they did take a week for students to come by the school to have their pictures taken. Abby wasn’t going to worry about purchasing a yearbook this year even though they did take pictures of her volleyball team. But then, a funny story, one of her teammates from last year who’s on the yearbook committee asked Abby a question for the yearbook, so now she wants one. They asked her about why she chose the number she wears for volleyball, and she was excited to tell her story about how she loves #6 because that’s the number Tyler wore in his school sports, so she loves feeling like she has her dad with her all the time and how she gets to honor him by wearing his number since he’s one of her biggest fans and supporters. She’s excited to get the yearbook now. Abby and Tessa have gotten a lot closer this year as they spend so many days together and inside the house. They were snuggling on the couch one night and I had to have a picture of them together and I loved how this one turned out.

Tessa’s movie that she made for her film class last summer was presented during a virtual showcase in November with the Femme Frontera Children’s Showcase. They showed all the entries virtually, so we spent an evening watching movies that kids had put together and submitted. I just took a picture of the first screen of the production so we’d remember the event. It was fun to watch Tessa’s movie again along with all the other movie entries.
I posted on Facebook things I was thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving. President Nelson had made an announcement asking everyone to be grateful for things that they have and to flood their social media with grateful posts. So the Sunday leading up to Thanksgiving, I added a post about Tyler and how grateful I am for him and for his priesthood so that he could provide the sacrament for all of us each Sunday as we had church at home. It’s been such a blessing for us to have the priesthood in our home and to have Tyler who prepares, blesses, and passes the sacrament to all of us girls. I am very thankful for him!
Abby set up a photo shoot and talked all the girls into participating. She found cardigans for everyone and made sure she liked all of the colors together. We started by taking pictures in the “jungle” which is the side of our house among our oleander trees. They wanted a serious picture, so this was what we got.
I made them do a smiley picture too. Those are my favorite.
We then moved to the front of the house and took some group pictures there too. I loved this one. It’s currently my screensaver on my phone.
The girls wanted me to be in some of their pictures, but we couldn’t decide who should take the selfie, so they each had to take a turn trying. Here’s Taryn’s attempt. She used a stepladder to get high enough to get everyone in the picture. I thought it turned out pretty good.
Aubrey’s selfie picture wasn’t too bad either although we’re not all together and Tessa’s pretty far back there.
Tessa got us all together, so her attempt wasn’t bad either.
Abby tried a couple of times and she loves this picture of herself, but Aubrey and Taryn were done with pictures by this point so it’s more of a blooper picture than an actual keeper.
This was my favorite selfie picture. We all look so good and happy. I love it so much!
Other selfies were taken throughout the photo shoot, so here are some of Abby’s favorites. Tessa loved that she got to photo bomb this first one with me and Abby. And I loved the ones with the girls when they took selfies together.
During the photo shoot, I also took individual pictures. Here are my favorites of each girl. We loved Taryn in her white cardigan with bright pink undershirt. It fits her personality perfectly - bright, happy, and pure.
Aubrey loves the fun poses. She has a beautiful face and she loved her blue cardigan to go with her blue Kendra necklace, since her favorite color is blue. She wanted to find her own place to take a picture so she’s found the little nook between our house and front archway.
Tessa always loves the staring off into space pose. She’s so modelesque and photogenic. I love her in yellow because she’s so bubbly and so much like a ray of sunshine.
Abby loves to make sure she looks perfect in each of her pictures. That her smile, clothes, and hair look just right. I love her smile and her confidence. She’s a beauty and has really come into her own this year as she’s learned to be more independent and who she wants to be. She’s happy with herself and really feels like she’s grown and thrived this year during quarantine.
This is probably the cheesiest picture, but it’s one of my favorites because it reminds me of the season when we did the photo shoot. I wanted all four girls to be in the picture, but Tessa and Aubrey were definitely done by this point and wouldn’t last for one more sitting, so I took what I could get. And it says it all - Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment