Wednesday, December 8, 2021

September 2021, Part 3-Homecoming Dance & More Games

Homecoming 2021 was a blast. Tessa went with a group of friends, so she met up with them at the Lee’s house for dinner before the dance. She had been asked to the dance by a friend on the cross country team, but since she’s not allowed to “date” until she’s 16, she had to say no. She was ok with that anyway since she just wanted to be able to hang out with her friends. She kept joking about how popular she is because she has her church friends, cross country friends, and percussion friends and they all invited her to hang out with them at the dance. She did dinner and pre-dance activities with her church friends. Since I dropped her off, I got to take some pictures before leaving. Here she is with Seki and Milea before the dinner, and then another one with all of the freshmen and sophomores who were at the dinner.

 

There were a couple more pictures taken at the dinner in the Lee’s backyard. I was happy to get some of my favorite pictures from Tessa’s phone. This is a group picture of Tessa’s closest church friends. It’s a great group and they love getting together to hang out.

At the Lee’s house, there were decorations and great picture spots. When I dropped off Tessa, I waited around for Abby to show up so I could get some pictures of her too. I got one with both the girls and then one of just the girls. My beauties.

 

One of Tessa’s friends from middle school, Alexis, was at the dinner as well, so I took a picture of them together. Abby and her date, Rand, had a fun time. They went and had pictures taken before dinner, so I just got some pictures that I liked from her phone. I loved how much fun they looked like they were having in this picture.
 

I was able to take this picture in front of the Lee’s house and I love how it turned out. They had fun at the dance. I was able to work with Rand’s mom before the dance to make sure Abby’s dress and Rand’s tie matched. I love how it turned out and how they look. Such a cute couple. They took pictures with other couples before the dinner. I was not there, but I picked my favorite pictures afterwards.

Abby talked about how windy it was and how they had to climb up some rocky hills to get where they wanted to be for the pictures. She said it was pretty hard with the wind and her high-heeled shoes, but that Rand was very helpful in making sure Abby didn’t fall as they trekked up the hill in their fancy clothes. The pictures were beautiful so the extra effort was definitely worth it.


Here are all the couples that met up for pictures. I loved how cute they all looked. Everyone was so excited to have a school dance since it had been so long due to the pandemic. The picture turned out great, and we also got a closeup of Rand and Abby from that group picture. Most of these kids are in the stake. They are a great group of kids and will be a big part of Abby’s high school memories. 

Here’s one with just the girls, all juniors and seniors. From left to right it’s Sarah, Braelinn, Sydney, Vivian, Abby, Amelia, Anna, and Gracie.

After dinner at the Lee’s, they took everyone from the dinner outside to take a group picture. This included the younger high schoolers and the upper classmen couples. I was glad that Tessa and Abby got to spend part of the evening together. They had the homecoming dance at the football field at the high school. It was a great turnout and we even heard that a lot of people from other schools showed up because they said the Franklin dance was better than the dances at their own schools. Tessa met up with her cross country friends at the dance and spent most of the evening with them. She was also able to meet up with her percussion friends to say hi during the dance. She had a great time. Abby and her group danced the night away and also had a great evening. I loved hearing all about it.

Tessa’s football games keep her busy on Friday nights, and at the end of September, she added marching contests on Saturdays. Here’s another picture of Tessa in the stands at one of the football games, and one of the beginning of their halftime show at one of their marching contests. The drummers all had to start with their drums on the field to do some choreography at the beginning of the show. Tessa was nervous about having to get her drum up and hooked on to her harness in time, but she was able to get it down quickly and nail it every time. She’s the one in back on the 40 yard line.
 

The percussion section gets to play at a lot of events at school. They took this picture of all of them after they played some cadences at a school function at the magnet center. Here’s Tessa with Giselle, Steven, Josh, Andres, Fred, JD, and Devin.

Aubrey finished off her volleyball season with their last home game in September. They continued the tradition of giving a flower and candy to each mom. I took a picture and video of Aubrey as she got her flower and brought it up to me. It was so sweet. They played Don Haskins and won in three sets. It was a pretty stressful game, but they fought hard and pulled out the win. Aubrey did awesome at her serves and her back row passes. 
 

With their win against Don Haskins, they were undefeated in district play. I was able to get this team photo after the game. The girls were so excited and they were happy to show off their #1 status.

As soon as they finished with the game, Aubrey and two of her teammates, quickly changed into their dance outfits to perform with their dance team before the 8th grade volleyball game started. I didn’t get any pictures of that performance since I just videoed it. I quickly helped with Aubrey’s hair while she did some makeup and then they performed. They did great. It was the same performance that they had done the week before at the football game. After they finished performing at the volleyball game, they all changed outfits and prepared for their next performance at the football game outside that same day. They did a hip hop routine and it was really good. Aubrey liked it a lot. They loved that they got to wear old football jerseys for the dance. It’s fun to see all the events that Aubrey gets to participate in. And I love getting to see how happy it makes her.

Aubrey’s first post-season volleyball game was played on the east side. They won in two sets and the best news was that Aubrey’s coach let her play all around when she went in during the second set. She traded spots with her friend Addie and she even had a kill while she was in the front row. She was so excited to be able to hit in the front row. 
 

Aubrey did well in the back row like always and we were happy that they won. They played a couple days later against Don Haskins again and ended up losing that one. That was their biggest competition all season, and although they beat them during the regular season, they couldn’t pull out the win this time. That was the semifinals, so Don Haskins went on to win the championship game for the post season tournament. We were sad that our season was over, but it was fun to watch them learn and grow as a team together. Abby had an away game at Americas High School. They won in two sets and Abby played all around like usual. I got this shot of her hitting the ball. 
 

Elder Dayley and Elder Rehm have been the missionaries in our ward and they stopped by for a picture the night before Elder Dayley got transferred. It’s always fun to get to know the missionaries and help them with their work.

September 25th was National Daughters Day, so after taking a picture with Abby and Tessa at their homecoming dinner, I had to go home and get a picture with Aubrey and Taryn too. I used both pictures on my facebook post as I gushed about my daughters on National Daughters Day. And here’s a picture of my coworkers at school. One of the administrators made these shirts for the office staff and we were so happy to have them. They turned out so cute. With the Hollywood theme, Melissa created the design and Mrs. Farley made the shirts. We love them. This is most of the office staff at Lundy: Lupe, me, Julie, Dora, and Melissa.
 

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...