Monday, May 18, 2009

Mom's Old Toys

My parents left a mystery bag at my house this weekend, and only said, "we've been holding this for you for years. It's some of your old things." So, the girls and I opened the bag to find out what was inside. It brought back many memories for me. It was full of my old barbies and clothes, cabbage patch dolls and clothes (which I think consisted of some of my own baby dresses), my little ponies, and a few other random toys.



The biggest (and by biggest, I mean BIGGEST) discovery we found was my old Cricket doll. If you've never heard of the Cricket doll, don't worry. It took me awhile to remember I even had this doll too. But seeing the tape player in her back brought it all back. This "life-size" doll actually talks complete with moving mouth and eyes! Check out the size of this thing...Almost the same size as my two-year-old. And yes, I noticed. Isn't it weird that this doll that I had over 20 years ago is a pretty close resemblence to my Tessa?!? Look again:
Blonde, curly hair, blue eyes, small, petite frame. Yes, I know it's weird - and that's before you even mention the whole bride of chucky scariness going on that Tyler and my brother Scott both have already pointed out. :) Oh well, the girls like her. More toys to add to our ever-growing collection. It's nice to know that all that money that was probably spent by my parents on these toys of mine could be used again in this house full of girls.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun that you have parents who saved your stuff. My mom is the complete opposite of a pack rat. So am I, but I'm going to remember this and force myself to keep Shayla's favorite things so she can give them to her girls.

The resemblance between Cricket and Tessa is too funny!

J D C and N said...

Too funny! I love that my parents saved my old toys. It's fun to remember it all.

Line'sLucky3 said...

So cool that your parents kept some of your old toys. I can't wait for my girls to get tired of their toys so I can toss them out. It wouldn't hurt to keep some of their favorites around for when they have kids of their own.

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...