Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween...A little late and Girl's Night

It's a little late for Halloween, but I have so many cute pictures, I had to do a post about it. This year the girls were as follows:
Abby: Hannah Montana
Tessa: Snow White
Aubrey: Tinkerbell
Aubrey tried on Abby's wig after a little coercing, and it looked so cute.
But even after trying on the wig, Aubrey refused to wear the infamous monkey costume, which was my plan for her this Halloween. Because I forgot she was old enough to put up a fight on what she wears, hence Tinkerbell. The wings only lasted for about the first 10 minutes of our first dress-up activity and she held them around her neck the whole time like this:
Tessa's Snow White costume was the only one I made this year, but it looked the best, so I may just be sticking to homemade costumes. They are always so much more adorable!
We had to do a little creative thinking for Abby's Hannah Montana costume. More people may have known who she was if she had carried around her guitar, but she didn't so we had to tell most people who she was supposed to be. Our favorite guess of what she was, that we heard, was a mermaid.
We had a photo shoot using some sweet Halloween glasses that we got from Grandma and Grandpa Gibbons and this was my all-time favorite picture of the girls together.
They even added their vampire teeth, and Abby's pulling her hair because she was trying to look really scary.
Aubrey wouldn't put on her glasses except for the one good picture I got (see above) but I really liked this one because of Aubrey's gorgeous gray eyes. (And of course because Abby has down the perfect face to go with those crazy eyes!)


I have to include a few pictures from our girl's night last week. Tyler was out of town for his yearly work conference so we had a Saturday night all to ourselves. To keep the girls entertained, we decided to do girly things all night. So we started by painting our nails.
And then while watching Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, I braided everyone's hair so we could all have krimpy hair in the morning.
I even got Aubrey to sit still long enough to braid her hair, although I had to retie multiple braids because the ties kept sliding out of her fine baby hair.
We all had matching hairdos for church on Sunday. We were running late so I didn't get a good shot of all four of us.
After thinking about it, I decided being the only girl in my own family, I may be a bit on the crazy side when it comes to doing girly nights now. I didn't get this growing up so I'm living it up with my three girly-girls! And the best part of the evening? We all had lots of fun!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...