I'm trying to post something at least once a month, so here it is the end of May, and I'm posting again. First, I'll start with some Easter pictures. I thought about making dresses, but then it came down to the week before Easter when I realized I didn't have anything for the girls. Luckily I found some adorable dresses at Sam's Club so I didn't have to pay a fortune to purchase 3 dresses. As soon as Abby got home from school the day we bought the dresses, the girls had to try them on and have a photo shoot. Here are some of our favorite shots:
Next, I was able to get some cute pictures of me and the girls on Mother's Day. They were all very sweet to me that day. They helped Dad make me breakfast and they let me sit around and relax all day while they took care of everything else around the house. I had a breakfast at Abby's school the Friday before Mother's Day as well, so the festivities spread out the entire weekend.
Next, last weekend we celebrated my brother's wedding. John and McKaye were married on Friday, May 20th, and they had a reception on Saturday night. I made 5 matching dresses for all the flower girls (John's nieces) and they turned out really cute. Here are some pictures from ourWeekend Wedding Extravaganza.
We had a babysitter for the kids Friday night during the wedding and dinner, so we enjoyed the adult time with our siblings. Tyler refused to smile just to be mean. :)
Here's the 'true' side of John. He loves to pose, and we had to get a shot of his sweet suspenders.
Here's our side of the family with the newly wedded couple.
We ate at a fancy Italian restaurant and the food was delicious. We had a great time at our table with just the siblings and Matt. We were all laughing and having a great time, I realized we should get out together without the kids more often!
On Saturday, we got to the reception early so we could take pictures with all the family. While waiting our turn, we got a few pictures of just our family. This was the only one where Tessa smiled and it turned out really cute.
Here are the girls in their dresses, with their hair done, and holding their flower girl baskets. Going through my pictures today, I'm just now realizing that I didn't take any pictures of the 5 flower girls together in their dresses I made. Oh well, just imagine two more cuties included in this picture.
I really liked this one of me and Tyler. At least he smiled this time. :)
At different times through the reception, we got some pictures of each of the girls with the bride and groom. I love this one of Tessa because she's staring right at me while John and McKaye are probably looking at the actual photographer.
Here's Aubrey with John during the dancing. They got their groove on together.
Abby was very excited for the dancing. She had plenty of turns to dance with John and McKaye and they were nice enough to let her join them.
She even danced with McKaye's little brother Eli. They were really cute together. He was very sharing of his toys (since the reception was at his house) and he was really cute with Abby.
Finally, I celebrated my 31st birthday this week. I was able to have lunch with Tyler and then order in for the whole family for dinner, so that was fun. For presents, I got a new phone, a new video camera (which I'm super excited about since it's been almost a year exactly since our last one died), a movie, a game, and the specific shoes I asked for. Here's a picture that Abby took of me in my new shoes. It also shows my 19 week pregnant belly which I believe is probably the first time I've ever showed a pregnant picture of me before like my due date.
I had a great Birthday and I have a wonderful family. I am so blessed!!
2 comments:
I want a shoe closeup! They look pretty fab!
The girls dresses are so pretty! (I know I told you already. :))
Happy Birthday, again, late. :)
I'm always so impressed by people who can really sew. I wouldn't even know where to begin! So cool that you made *5* dresses for the little girls. I loved seeing all the pics, especially of the wedding! Glad everything went well. :)
Post a Comment