Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Utah Vacation and Cousin Fun

While we were inbetween houses and jobs, we decided that was the perfect time to take our vacation. We spent almost two weeks in Utah with family and we had a fun time. Here are a few pictures and highlights from the trip:

We made arrangements to see my Grandma Willes; and my cousin Brittney was able to come with her kids. It took a little time, but eventually the 2nd cousins were playing together and having a good time.

We stayed with Tyler's brother Tim and his family for the first couple nights. The girl cousins have so much fun playing together. They created a cheer together and also a "Singing Show" where each girl performed her favorite song. I was also happy to get one picture with Taryn and her cousin Anson who was born just a little over 2 months after Taryn.













We spent the next couple nights with Tyler's sister Tiffany and her family. More girl cousins, so of course lots of fun playing dress-up among other things. I loved this picture because Parker is the one boy cousin surrounded by all the girls. I tried so hard to get a picture with Taryn and Parker both looking up from their toys, and this was the best I could get.

The cousins had fun playing Red Rover since we had so many kids and it was such great weather outside.

 We spent one afternoon at Cabella's looking at all their animal displays. I took so many pictures here but this was my favorite. I told the kids to look scared because the cougars in the back were jumping on their prey, and they made some really convincing "scared" faces. (Except for Jacob who decided to go the "I'm the cougar" route, which I also loved!)

We also went to a splash park to play. The water was pretty cold, but the kids didn't seem to mind. There was a little river with rocks and a huge fountain play area, so the cousins had a blast splashing and playing. We took pizza and had lunch and try as I might this was the only picture I was able to get with Aubrey and Jacob together. We kept talking about how similar they looked, but I never could get Aubrey to sit next to him for a good "see for yourself" picture. They're only like 2 weeks apart in age and with the same hair and eye coloring, we kept discussing how they could pass for twins, so you'll just have to take our word for it. They were too cute!



Tyler really wanted to go fishing, so one of our stops was to a lake for some fishing. There was a park and shade above the water, so Tiffany and I took the kids who didn't want to fish to the top to play. I loved the view even though I couldn't get my camera to work right. So the kids are a little darker, but at least you can see the lake, the mountains, and the horizon. I love Utah in June.
We traveled next to Vernal and met all the siblings out there at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We spent the Saturday up on the mountain at Jarvey Fest where Grandpa Gibbons works one of the booths. We wished we had more time there, but the kids loved the wagon ride and being sprayed by the fire truck hose. Some of the kids made leather purses or necklaces, which was where Grandpa was working. Here Aubrey is getting help from Grandpa to stamp her leather necklace.












I was able to get a few pictures before heading off to church on Sunday. All the girls brought their American Girl dolls so of course they had to get them dressed up for their "American Girl" church as well.
We love going to Utah and spending so much time together with family. We always wish we had more time. Playing with cousins is something the girls will never forget and we look forward to every trip we get to make.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...