Friday, March 27, 2015

The Beginning of 2015

As we started out a new year, I ended up with a few pictures that are worth posting about before we get to birthdays and more family trips. The first couple pictures are from a photo shoot that we had one Sunday morning after using the hot rollers. We do this so infrequently that when we actually do use them, the girls look so different. Abby had her hair in braids the night before to give her hair the crimped look. These pictures turned out really cute and are the ones I've printed out to have on our mantel for the next year or so because I liked them so much.


My van broke down one week, so Taryn and I had to spend our morning at Pep Boys. Tyler met us to pay the bill and have a quick lunch, but at least Taryn was entertained while we waited by the huge display of "the Pep Boys" that were her exact height.

We went to dinner one weekend with our friends, the Cains. They have three girls. While waiting in line, we took a picture of all 7 girls together. They decided themselves to sit in order from oldest to youngest. We really like hanging out with the Cains and having all the girls play together because they all get along so well. They are great friends.

We went to the zoo as a family in January and finally, after 2 years, got to see the sea lion show. There famous sea lion died right after we moved here, so their show was cancelled while they trained the new sea lions. It was finally reopened and we made it to a show. I like this selfie family picture mainly because of Tessa's grumpy face and the fact that we got all 6 of us in the shot. The girls found this bridge near the old zoo entrance and had to have a picture. I like the picture so much that it's now my backgroundon my phone.

We had a freak snow storm in the middle of January, but it started after the sun rose, so school was not cancelled. I took this first picture as the girls were getting ready for school. They took 5 minutes to play before their carpool ride showed up to take them to school. As the day continued on however, the snow did not stop - it just got worse!  So by lunch time, the school was calling it a day early, so we had to pick up kids early which was a mad house because the roads were horrible, and the schedules were so off from a regular school day. It was nice though to come home a tad early and spend the rest of the afternoon playing in the snow. Abby and I built this snow animal (we decided it looked more like an animal than a man) in our front yard. It's kind of funny building snowmen from a yard full of rocks. They stick in the rolling snow and are a lot more noticeable than blades of grass. This was my kind of snow however. It was here for two days, long enough for us to play and enjoy it, and then it was gone. I love winters in Texas!

Tyler's always good about making treats. He's become the dessert chef in our home. His signature dish is brownies (from scratch!) with mint frosting. The girls request them often. I like catching pictures of any of the girls hanging out with their daddy. This particular time it was Taryn giving dad a helpful hand in the kitchen.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...