I'm trying to catch up before the end of the school year. So much has happened over the past three months, I'd better get with it. Aubrey turned 6 on February 10th and has really enjoyed her kindergarten year of school. I'll probably do another post at the end of the school year, but I keep stressing about some of the events I've captured from her kindergarten year that happened last fall, that I don't want to be too late chronologically, so I'll include them in this post. So here's the birthday girl and a look at her kindergarten year thus far.
Because we went on another family vacation the weekend after Aubrey's birthday (see next post), we talked Aubrey out of a birthday party even though we had originally said they can have friend parties on every even birthday. Our vacation was another trip to Legoland and Disneyland, so she was okay with that deal. We did have our good friends, the Kasallis's and the Cain's, over to help celebrate on her actual birthday. Instead of birthday cake this year, Aubrey requested Dad's famous mint brownies with pink frosting instead of his usual green.
Aubrey opened a few presents from the family, friends, and grandparents. She got some new games, Lego's, clothes, drawing pages, and other toys. She was super excited about the Frozen Lego's she got.
Back in October, the kindergartners took their field trip to a pumpkin patch. I probably should have added this post so it would be included in the 2014 blog book, but I didn't so here it is before it gets any later or forgotten all together. I think it was Aubrey's first time on a big yellow bus and their class sang a song about riding it a couple weeks prior to the big day.
I was able to chaperon so I followed Aubrey and her friends around the pumpkin patch and all of its activities. Here's Aubrey with some of her classmates: Daisy, Shaelyn, Reagan, Aubrey, and Chloe.
Reagan was Aubrey's buddy since she didn't have a parent there, so these two girls were my charge. They had fun picking out the best pumpkin that they got to take home.
They had a lot of fun activities that we stayed for like a trike maze and a tower of tires that the kids loved to climb. I finally got Aubrey to stand still long enough for a picture, although I couldn't get her and her friends to ever stop at the same time on the tower for a picture together.
This was my favorite picture spot. We had gone to this same pumpkin patch with Tessa's kindergarten class two years ago, but this was new this time, and pretty awesome. We love Despicable Me and its minions. The wanted poster was the same as last time so I got a picture there too just with Aubrey and Taryn this time.
In February, the 100th day of school occurred. Aubrey had to wear a shirt that had 100 items on it. She picked jewels and decided on the design herself and even helped me glue them on. She also helped me decide on the iron-on letters so that it read "100 days smarter."
Once a month their school has Wellness Walk days where parents are invited to join their kids during their PE time. In February, it was so windy that they had to have PE in the gym. I took some pictures because I realized that I didn't have many pictures of Aubrey and her friends from school. Here's Aubrey with her buddy Sammy, who belongs to the Kasallis family that we hang out with a lot, but he's not in her class at school. I also grabbed a picture of Aubrey with her classmates Chloe and Reagan, two of her closest friends from her class.
The rest of her kindergarten year will be included at the end of the school year, but she's been doing great in school so far. She loves school, her teacher Mrs. Hardwick, and her friends. She's learning quickly and is starting to read on her own now. She's doing awesome at reading. Mrs. Hardwick loves her and says she's an great student and very helpful. She is friends with everyone and says her favorite part of school is hanging out with her friends at PE.
A cute story about Aubrey at the beginning of the school year was when she had only been in school for a week or so, and she was doing homework after school. I was sitting at the table with her and helping her with her homework when she said, "Mom, I wish you were my teacher." I asked "why," thinking that she'd say something about me being a good teacher because I had just helped with her homework, but what she said was, "because I miss you." It made me cry a little because she was my little buddy for so many years, and we hadn't been apart for very long until she started school. It was pretty cute. I love that girl.
Some other fun facts about Aubrey as a six year old: She pretty much has stopped sucking her thumb. She has had one cavity. She loves to dance and record herself doing dance videos. She can drive our little motorized car better than her older sisters. She still has the longest hair and wants "Rapunzel hair." And I allow her to keep her long hair because she complains the least when I brush it, so she must have a pretty hard head. She still loves headbands and all things girly like skirts and dresses. She's a joy in our family and we love her. Happy Birthday Aubrey!
















No comments:
Post a Comment