Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Aubrey is No Longer a Kindergartner

Aubrey is the first one to tell you that she is no longer a kindergartner. As soon as school was over, she started telling everyone that she is now a 1st grader. So here's a look back at when she was still officially in kindergarten. Most of her big school events were near the end of the school year, so we begin in May with Field Day. I was a chaperone for her class, so instead of staying at one station, I got to rotate with her class and stay with them the entire time. They were excited to line up and spend the morning outside. This is the one picture I got of her entire kindergarten class once we were all outside.

Here are a few of their games. They had a "ring toss" game and a balance race where they had to keep the soccer ball balanced on the plunger.

The Hippity Hop race was one of the kids' favorites as was the snack station where they got popsicles. Eating popsicles with Aubrey was Wen and Reagan.

This was the best station for me to get pictures. Until the last week of school, this was the only picture I had of Aubrey's teacher, Mrs. Hardwick, who we love. She got teacher of the year this year and we were so happy to be in her class. She really is one of the best teachers ever.

Mrs. Hardwick took a picture of me with Aubrey as they were heading back inside for class. I loved being able to spend this time with Aubrey and her classmates.

Near the end of May, Aubrey had her kindergarten performance. Their performance was titled Love makes the world go round. They sang really cute songs and had videos where each kid answered some question like "I love my mom because..." Aubrey's class video was about Dads and Aubrey's answer about why she loves her dad was because he tickles her and snuggles with her. It was a really cute performance.

 Aubrey's class is in green and she is the second one over on the second row. On her left is Katy, one of her closest friends from school. Katy moved to San Antonio at the end of the school year which made Aubrey really sad, but they had a fun year together. They included dance moves in some of the numbers and even sang a few in spanish. It was a lengthy program, but we enjoyed it.

 This next picture isn't from school, but I wanted to include it because I love it so much. This is from a family night when Aubrey was in charge of the lesson. We use lessons from the Friend magazine and Aubrey picked out the one she wanted to read and Tessa stood up there and helped her read it. Tessa was whispering the phrases to Aubrey who then repeated them out loud. They planned all this without my help and as I sat there listening to them that night, I was overcome with how happy I was as a mom. They were so cute and it made me tear up a little as I saw big sister helping little sister and how well they were working together. I was so proud of them. Aubrey has developed her reading a lot this year and is doing great at reading on her own which is another reason I wanted to include this picture since it incorporates all that Aubrey has learned in school this year.


Aubrey tested for GT during the school year and passed the test. After we got the results, I asked her if she for sure wanted to be in GT and at first she said no. I asked her why and she said because it was so boring because she was thinking about taking the test and how she thought that wasn't fun at all. Once I explained to her that the actual GT time would be fun and doing extra projects, she decided she did want to do it. They learned about artists and at the GT fair, this was Aubrey's artwork display complete with reports on the different types of artwork. She said she liked being in there and plans to continue on the GT path. 

The last week of school was busy with class parties and award ceremonies. Aubrey's award ceremony was complete with candy awards, class bridges, a class video, and ice cream. Jeremy was Aubrey's bridge partner until it was her turn to run through.

Aubrey got the sweet tarts award for being so sweet and friendly and helpful during her kindergarten year. Her teacher, Mrs. Hardwick, said such nice things about Aubrey. It was really sweet. And I finally got a picture with just her and her teacher, Mrs. Hardwick.

I grabbed a couple pictures of Aubrey with her classmates while they enjoyed their ice cream treat. Sitting with her here starting at the left is Chloe, Daisy, Taryn, Aubrey, and Shaelyn.

And then it was the last day of school.

On that final day, the kindergartners got to have a year-end celebration. It was similar to field day with outdoor activities, just not all fitness related. They had stations like chalk drawing and bubbles along with ones like relay races and the hippity hop.

They of course had the playground and snack stations which are probably the kids' favorite ones. Here are some of Aubrey's classmates enjoying their popsicles. From the left, it's Brayden, Katy, Aubrey, Daisy, and Elise. 

I was able to help out again and stay with their class during each rotation. I remember helping with Tessa's kindergarten celebration and the picture of Tessa under the huge parachute was one of my favorites, so I knew I wanted to try and get one with Aubrey. Hers turned out really cute too. I love all the colors from the parachute. 

One of the other moms took a picture of the two of us for me. I love how it turned out. I'm so proud of Aubrey and how well she did this year in school.

The final station was a photo booth. It was decorated so well, and they had props to hold. Here's half of Aubrey's class. We left right after this to get the other girls and leave for California, so she had to say her goodbyes here and miss the rest of the day. I was just happy they had the celebration in the morning and the award ceremony the day before so that she didn't miss either of those. 

They even had the 2015 sign which I loved so we could always remember Aubrey's kindergarten year. She couldn't decide between the bow prop or the glasses prop so we had to have one of each. 

Happy Kindergarten Graduation Aubrey!!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...