Tessa had a great school year. We requested Mrs. Garcia as her teacher because Tessa had her in Kindergarten and she moved to the 2nd grade last year. Once we heard that she was staying with 2nd grade again, Tessa knew she wanted to have her as her teacher again. We love her and it made for another successful year for Tessa. Most of her performances and events happened during the second half of the year, so the first thing we have is her 2nd grade performance in February. They sang patriotic songs. Tessa is the second one over from the right in the front row.
They danced during a few numbers and used cowboy hats. It was a really cute performance. They sang the 50 states song and Tessa was Alabama and Tennessee. She held up pictures of those states when they called out the names alphabetically. This was the night we left for our trip to California. Tessa couldn't miss her performance, so we had the car packed and left immediately after it was over and drove all the way to Yuma, AZ that night.
In March was the Fine Arts night that included the talent show. I posted about this picture and event in Abby's school post, but I wanted to include the picture in Tessa's post since it was a school event to remember from her 2nd grade year.
I was able to chaperone Tessa's field trip to the zoo this year. It was a lot of fun. I met them at the school as they got ready to load the bus. The kids were so excited! Here's Tessa smiling with Maddy and Adrianna. Maddy was one of Tessa's closest friends from class, but she moved to San Antonio at the end of the school year.
Here's Tessa, Romni, Adrianna, and Adrian in the famous prairie dog display where we always take pictures. I was in charge of watching Tessa and Adrianna for the day. Here they are with Santiago and Daniel in front of the giraffes. Santiago moved two houses down from us the beginning of this school year. They had a lot of fun playing outside after school many days. We love our cul-de-sac and all the kids have a blast playing together.
Audrey Kasallis came to the zoo for fun (she doesn't have a 2nd grader) so she could watch Taryn for me. Siblings aren't allowed to come with chaperones for field trips, but what 3 year old wants to miss going to the zoo? So Audrey came with us, but she was in charge of Taryn and her 3 year old Teagan. The 2nd graders of course loved having little tag alongs, and Taryn and Teagan enjoyed the extra attention.
Here are some of Tessa's classmates where we kept our coolers for lunch. They were all so happy and loved getting in the picture for me. I couldn't ever get the entire class with Mrs. Garcia, but I at least got some of the kids together to grab one picture that included her.
A week after the field trip, it was May and Field Day at the school. Tessa is still our goofball monkey. Here she is doing a silly pose using Sofia and Adrianna to hoist herself up.
Like I mentioned before, I was at the sponge race station, so I grabbed this picture of Tessa as she raced back after filling up the bucket with water from her sponge. One of the stations was playing on the playground. There were enough volunteer moms from Tessa's class that we made the entire class get together for a group photo.
I ran across the field to catch a picture of Tessa during the hurdles race. She had so much fun being outside all day.
Tessa is in Enrichment which is the school's GT program. This year their project was making a diorama of a dinosaur of their choosing. Tessa picked the Tyrannosaurus Rex. She found out during their research that when the baby T-rexes were born they may have had feathers. That was what she wanted to portray in her diorama. We borrowed dinosaurs from the Kasallis's and then found egg-shaped rocks from our own front yard. She did the design herself and found all the research online to write her report. We took a picture at home before she turned it in and then we took a picture at the school's GT Fair when it was on display for everyone to see.
Near the end of the year, I decided to volunteer to chair the Book Fair next year for PTA. They had a book fair the next to last week of school this year, so I shadowed the lady who was in charge of it to learn the ropes. I was there every morning and afternoon during the 3 day fair. Luckily the girls were mostly good when they had to wait on me. One day, they found enough books for them to have their own and they sat down and read them together. It was pretty cute so I had to get a picture. We'll see how next year goes, but with three kids at the same school, I decided I needed to be involved and the book fair sounded like a fun way to do that.
Here's Tessa on the last day of school. I'd call her year a success. She made all As again this year, and high As at that. She's super smart and loves to help the other kids in her class. Those are always the comments I get from her teacher. There was some drama with the girls in her class this year, but I always heard about it from the other moms and when I'd ask Tessa about it, none of it really bothered her like it did the other kids. She was friends with everyone and ended up being paired a lot with the ones other complained about because she could get along with everyone without anything phasing her. I seriously couldn't believe how much drama there was going on in a 2nd grade class which makes me scared for the middle school years, but I was proud of how Tessa handled it by not letting it bother her and by standing up for her friends when she needed to.
A couple weeks after school, Tessa and Abby participated in a week long science camp at UTEP that was put on by NASA and SEMA. They built rockets, played with robots, and learned about machines and other rocket stuff. I only took this one picture, but they had so much fun. They look a little wet in the picture because they had just been shooting off water bottle rockets which shot up so high but sprayed water on everyone around the launch base. They loved it and had a great time. It was a free camp for those going into 3rd grade through 8th grade so Tessa was barely old enough to participate. We registered with Logan and AJ Kasallis and they all had fun doing the activities and experiments together.


















No comments:
Post a Comment