Friday, January 1, 2016

Matt and Taylor's Sealing

Over Abby's birthday weekend, we traveled to Oklahoma City for Matt and Taylor's sealing. We were so excited to be able to be there to support them during this exciting time. They were going through the temple for the first time and then getting sealed together. And finally, having their baby Tye sealed to them. The Oklahoma City Temple has special significance for me because it was the first temple that I went through during a temple open house. When it was opened in 2000, I remember going through with my mom and seeing all the rooms and having her explain things to me. I had not been able to go through that temple since I received my own endowments, so I was super excited to be able to do a session with Tyler and my entire family. It was an awesome experience sitting with my Aunt and sister-in-law and seeing Tyler, my brothers, and Matt and Taylor. It was so cool. My parents and Scott and Nevla came for the sealing portion and I got to sit by my dad. Melody and my mom sat with Matt and Taylor and I loved witnessing their sealing. Paul was proxy for baby Tye when he was sealed to his parents. That was so emotional. I couldn't keep from crying. I was so happy for them. It was like an epiphany to me thinking that baby Tye, who was only alive for 3 days, had such an obvious life purpose, which was to bring his family together for eternity. I thought it was so powerful and am so proud of them and happy to be a part of their special day.

Afterwards, we took some pictures around the temple grounds and I was excited to show the girls the temple and take a lot of pictures. Here Tyler and I are outside the temple entrance.

The girls loved playing with their cousins even though it was such a quick trip. We were there only one full day. 
 

And here is our family on the other side of the temple with the fountain that kept splashing us because of the wind.

The girls wanted their picture by the nativity that was on the temple grounds. After taking this picture with the three girls, I had to take individual pictures of each girl next to Mary because that's where they all wanted to stand. 

After the temple events, we ate lunch together at On the Border and then hung out at our hotel. We played games and visited and celebrated Abby's birthday. It was a fun trip but so fast. We had to leave Sunday morning to drive all the way back before Tyler had to be to work on Monday. Our drive ended up taking longer than planned because we were stuck on the freeway for over two hours because of a very large multi-semi accident. Luckily, we just watched a movie and ate dinner in our van, but it was hard sitting and doing nothing for so long with no options to go anywhere. We were glad when we finally made it home. We loved being with family even though it was for such a short amount of time. That was our only trip for this holiday season. We spent the rest of the Christmas and New Year break at home and it was nice, quiet, and relaxing. Details to come.
Families are Forever!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...