Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sept. and Oct. Happenings Including Taryn's Birthday

September and October passed quickly. Here are the highlights. It begins with a baby deer. One day I was cleaning my pool when Teagan stopped by and said there was a deer in his pool and that his mom needed help. And sure enough, after following him home, Audrey was attempting to help a baby deer get out of her pool. It just kept swimming around, and when it'd finally find the stairs to get out of the pool, it would just run scared, get stuck in the fence, and eventually fall back into the pool, where the process started over again. After corralling it towards the stairs and opening all the gates wide, it finally found its way to the front yard, and it was gone. It was super crazy and a fun story to share with everyone else.

The majority of this post is all about Taryn! She's our spunky, happy child who turned 5 on October 14th. She was looking forward to her birthday for so long, that when September 14th hit, we decided to start a count-down chain since her birthday was only a month away. She loved tearing off a circle every morning when she woke up. Her sisters made sure she never forgot too.

Because she turned 5, I spent the weeks leading up to her birthday creating a photo book that would be one of her birthday presents. I had to covertly take some current pictures of her to include in the book, so here are some of those. We just love this girl. This year, since the girls have gone back to school, Taryn and I have been spending time going through a book that teaches you to read in 100 lessons. It's been fun to have something to work on together, and she's learning so quickly. I love hearing her sound out words and hearing her read the silly stories in her book.

Here's a picture that is currently my wallpaper on my phone because I love it so much. I love all of their smiles and just how cute they look in their coordinating black color Sunday dresses. 

We love having Grandma and Grandpa living so close to us. Taryn and I spend a lot of time with them. One day, we went over to can salsa together using my garden tomatoes. It was such a fun thing to be doing with my mom. While we made a mess in the kitchen, grandpa got to entertain Taryn. She loved playing in the "music room," especially on his steel pan. She loved that she could play the notes and make pretty sounds. I loved how a couple days later, when we heard a song on the radio, Taryn said, "hey, that sounds like Grandpa's steel pan." I was so impressed, because that's exactly what was being played on that song. It was so cool. 

For Taryn's birthday, She opened a big present that was a new Lego/car table. She was even more excited because she got to help dad put it together. 

We had Grandma and Grandpa and the Kasallis's over to celebrate her birthday. She opened a lot of fun things including new playdoh and art supplies, shopkins, her photo book, and a new game called Enchanted Tower. I also made her a crocheted blanket in the shape of a mermaid's tail. I thought it turned out pretty cute and all the girls loved it.

We sang happy birthday and had a lemon cake that the Kasallis's donated for her birthday cake. She blew out the candles pretty fast, but only after Tyler grabbed her hair, so it didn't get caught in the flames. 

Another thing about Taryn is that we've decided she's our sensitive child. She cries a lot during sad movies, songs, and commercials. And we're talking like inconsolable crying because she is so sad. We have even had a lot of conversations about how when she goes to school next year, I'll be home by myself, and she gets very distraught and cries because she doesn't want me to be alone. She's so sweet and really recognizes the feelings of others. She's very in tune with her emotions and the emotions of others. I am going to miss having her with me next year. She's going to do great at school, but I've gotten used to having her tag along with me everywhere I go. She loves to tell anyone and everyone that she's 5 and pretty much grown up now. We just love this girl and her fun, outgoing personality.
Happy Birthday Taryn!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...