Right after school starts, we come upon Labor Day rather quickly. We usually switch between going to San Antonio and having Scott and Nevla travel here, but with all their babies, they haven't been able to travel as easily as us. Plus, this Labor Day, they planned Chloe's baptism because she had just turned 8! So, we spent the weekend down in San Antonio with all the family. My parents had even picked up Grandma Solheim, so she got to see our houses in El Paso and be with us for the weekend. They also blessed baby Alexa since all of the family was together anyway. It was the day for their stake baptisms, so we met in the chapel with all the children in their stake who were getting baptized. We separated on our own after the baptism for the rest of the program. Chloe asked if I'd give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I realized that I hadn't ever given a talk at a baptism before, but it was fun to plan. I used a lot of objects that symbolized names for the Holy Ghost and gave them all to her after I was done. I thought it went pretty well. After the entire program was over and Chloe received the Holy Ghost and Alexa was blessed, we took a lot of pictures. Here's the new family of 5. Just this past week, Nadia was officially adopted by Scott and Nevla, so we can now include pictures of her. For a long time, while she was still in the foster care system, we weren't allowed to post pictures of her, but we've been taking them, so I'm so excited to finally include her in all our family get togethers.
Here's the picture of my family with mom and dad, and Grandma Solheim. I love these multi-generational pictures. We also took one of just the girls - 4 generations!
Grandma Solheim with all the great-grandkids from my mom's side, except for Matthew. Cute kids!
And here are the three sisters together. I love this picture! All my girls spent a lot of time fighting over which baby they could hold, so we had to work out a system for who got to hold which baby when. Aubrey was adamant that she get her turn holding Nadia.
Tyler loved taking his turn holding the babies too. Alexa was so tiny compared to 10-month-old Nadia. Tyler was the best at getting Alexa to sleep and holding her while they both napped. This was one of his favorite things to do with our babies too.
Tessa and Taryn each had their turns holding baby Alexa too. She was just so adorable and snugly.
Abby must have spent her time playing with and taking care of Nadia, who she's always had a special connection with every time we visit. I must have not taken any pictures of them together, but here's one with Aubrey having a turn holding Alexa. We also celebrated Grandma Solheim's 87th birthday while we were all together too. Her birthday was Sep. 3rd, the same day that Chloe was baptized and Alexa was blessed. I love how I caught her right about to blow out her candles. I love my grandma!
At one point of the weekend, Taryn grabbed my phone and started taking pictures of people and random things. I saved the best ones. I love these because I don't have many pictures of Nevla or Paul, especially smiling, and especially smiling while wearing a tiara. :) Seriously, my family is so awesome.
On our last morning, Tyler picked up donuts and I realized I hadn't taken that many pictures of the girls just playing together, so I at least grabbed this one as they enjoyed their breakfast. We love visiting Scott and Nevla, being with family, and supporting them during their big events like baptisms, blessings, and birthdays. It was a great weekend.














No comments:
Post a Comment