Tuesday, January 31, 2017

New Year's Eve 2016

After driving home from Utah, we were home for almost two days. It was just long enough to wash clothes and repack the suitcases for the next trip. Tyler worked for those two days, but then had another four day weekend, so we decided to head down to San Antonio to spend the New Year with Scott and Nevla and family. Their awesome news was that at the end of November, they were able to legally adopt the foster baby they have been taking care of for over a year. We are so excited for them and for the newest addition of Nadia officially to our family. Now that she's legally adopted, we can post pictures of her and spread the news and love. My girls have been in love with her from day one, so they always fight over holding her, feeding her, and playing with her. The bonus is that since Scott and Nevla had baby Alexa this summer, there are two babies to love and hold and feed! We love going to visit them and spend time hanging out, playing games and snuggling babies. We always have too much fun together, so I forget to take pictures. Our first picture spot was at Big Lou's Pizza where they sell huge pizzas that take up your entire table. I took this picture of Tessa and Aubrey holding their slices to show the size. Aubrey even ate her entire piece! It was good, but that place is always busy. We had tried two other times when we were visiting to eat there and the lines were just too long. We finally made it this time, around 2:00 on a Friday, and it was well worth it. So much pizza! The girls loved it.

It always seems to be rainy when we visit San Antonio, and this time was no different. We spent the afternoon after eating pizza walking it off at the Bass Pro Shop to stay out of the house, but not be stuck in the rain. There was this cute tree house in the middle of the kid's clothing section, so I had the girls stop for a picture. 

On Saturday, the weather was nice enough for us to take the girls to a park. We went to a new park that Nevla had never been to yet, but wanted visit; and it was great. The playgrounds were fun and there were some walking trails that the girls loved. I took the majority of my pictures here. I just have to say that you need to check out Taryn's poses and facial expressions in all of these pictures because they are so awesome. I crack up every time I look at them. I love these girls! 


The girls were almost sick of me by the time our walk was over because of how many times I made them stop for a picture, but the scenery was just too pretty to not take a picture. 

There was a mostly dried up river bed that the girls decided to explore. I hung out with Nadia at first who was strapped in her stroller and didn't get to explore with the older girls. This is Nadia Black, our newest niece who we love so much! 

There was a fallen tree in the river bed, so Aubrey walked out to the center of it so I could take some pictures of her. I love how her bright outfit really stands out from all the nature around her. 

We rang in the new year playing games, eating appetizer foods, watching the neighbors do fireworks, and watching all the city fireworks through their upstairs window. It was a lot of fun and all of the girls made it to the new year this year. After going to church on Sunday, we played more games and took all the pictures of the girls holding the babies. They were so excited to each take their turn holding a baby. Here's Aubrey with Alexa and then Abby holding Alexa.

Tessa took her turn with Alexa too, and we got Nadia to sit still long enough to take a picture with her and Taryn. I love that one.

I was trying to get all the girls together for a cousin's picture, but Taryn didn't want to join in, Chloe was gone, and Nadia wouldn't sit still for very long. This was the best I could get, but at least it had Alexa and Nadia in it together. We love these guys. 

We drove home all day Monday. Scott had that day off from work like Tyler did, but poor Chloe went back to school that day, so she was up and gone before we even woke up that morning. That weekend visit was an awesome way for us to finish off the year 2016. Our family had a great year in 2016 and look forward to what will come in 2017.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...