I usually only do school posts at the end of the school year, but the girls had plenty of activities during this first semester that they warranted their own posts. Aubrey's been enjoying 2nd grade with her teacher, Mrs. Bass. I've been a little more involved this year with her class because I've been going once a week to teach music. That's been fun, but challenging to find enough music and activities to fill an hour to entertain 20 seven and eight-year-olds. They say they like it, especially when I bring my French horn to play, so that's been fun. But to start the school year, I have to go back to the first school activity, which was the Family Picnic that is always held in Sept. We went with the Kasallis family and the kids took their picture with superheros since that's the PTA theme this year. They were also excited to play the games, jump on the bounce houses, and see all of their friends.
The Fall picture day is one of my favorites. I love how dressed up Aubrey likes to get. She wanted her hair curly and to wear one of her fanciest Sunday dresses. I love taking my own pictures before they leave for school. Here's the beautiful Aubrey:
All the girls participated in Reflections this year at their schools. I even went to the first PTA meeting at Hornedo and somehow left there in charge of Reflections at Hornedo. At least at Lundy, all I had to do was help the girls get their entries ready. Aubrey took this picture and wrote a statement about the two "queens" - one who lives in the snow and one who lives in the warmer weather.
Abby spent a lot of time trying to take the perfect picture and at one point was going to write a statement about her sisters, so she took some pictures of the girls. She ended up doing something else for her entry, but I ended up with these cute pictures.
At Thanksgiving time, there is always a day set apart for parents to come have a Thanksgiving feast with their students, so Taryn and I came to eat lunch with Aubrey and Tessa. I grabbed this picture of Aubrey with some of her classmates before they ran outside to play. It's Tommy, Audrey, Aubrey, and Gabby.
The first week of December, the 2nd graders took a field trip to UTEP to see The Nutcracker play. I was asked to chaperone, which I was super excited about. They said they could dress up if they wanted to, so it was funny to see that most of the girls were all dressed up, while the boys didn't mind wearing their usual school clothes. Of course, Aubrey wasn't going to say no to an opportunity to wear one of her fancy dresses. I took these first two pictures as we were walking on campus towards the auditorium. By this time, I have been going to their class for music for a couple months, so all of her classmates were comfortable around me and didn't have any issues posing for my pictures.
Inside the theater, we had to wait awhile for the performance to start so we took a couple more pictures. I was happy to get Aubrey with her partner for the day, Mia; and to get one of everyone that we could squeeze in who was sitting around us.
Right before the end of the first semester, they had the awards ceremony for the Reflections entries. Aubrey got a certificate, ribbon, and her picture taken with the principal, Mrs. Lugo, and vice principal, Mrs. Clay. She was a little sad that her entry did not move on to the next level, but she was happy that she got out of class and was able to have lots of cookies.
On the last day before Christmas Break, I spent most of the morning running Tessa's class party, but I took a couple minutes to run down to Aubrey's classroom to say hi and take some pictures. They were busy doing a lot of crafts and activities, so I had to take individual pictures with each of her friends. Here she is with Mia, and then with Gabby and Katelyn.
We also took pictures of her with Madelyn and then with Maya.
As for grades, Aubrey is making straight As and loves being a help to all of her teachers. She is in the GT program and goes to another teacher for a portion of the day to work on extra activities. They recently did an egg drop project and Aubrey was happy to announce that none of their eggs broke. She loves seeing her friends and playing at school and I only hear good things about her from her teachers. She's doing a great job in the 2nd grade!















No comments:
Post a Comment