Monday, March 5, 2018

Aubrey's 3rd Grade First Semester

Aubrey was very excited to start the 3rd grade this year. She got a brand new teacher at Lundy, Mrs. Rader, and she has loved her. Here's her first day of school picture.

Aubrey makes friends so easily. At one of the first Fun Fit Fridays, she wanted me to take a picture with some of her friends. Then I grabbed some pictures while they took turns jumping rope. They sing a song and then start naming the letters of the alphabet to see how far they can go without messing up. Aubrey made it to the letter 'S'. It was so fun to watch her. She was very good.

At the school's Family Picnic, there were people doing face painting. Aubrey showed them a picture of the flower that she had painted on her face this past summer so that the lady could recreate it again. It turned out pretty cute. Aubrey loved it. The theme at their school this year is Stars Wars and every Wednesday they are supposed to wear their spirit shirts. Aubrey and Taryn decided to go completely matchy-matchy by wearing their matching shoes, khaki pants, and purple jackets. I even had to do their hair the same way - a half pony tail. They looked so cute!

Here's Lexi and Aubrey as they lined up for class one morning. They have a really fun class and Aubrey gets along with everyone. She's always a great helper for her teacher too.

Aubrey went to a friend's birthday party down the street from us. They had a sleepover, but Aubrey just stayed for the dinner and craft. The party was for Bailey, and Bailey's mom sent me this picture of all the girls before Aubrey left. She loves all her friends.

Here's Aubrey on picture day. She's still my fancy girl who prefers to wear dresses and accessories. If we had had more time that morning, she would have requested curly hair too. One of her school projects was to disguise a turkey, so Aubrey decided to turn her turkey into a peacock, her favorite animal!

I was able to join Aubrey for their Thanksgiving lunch between helping serve in the kitchen. She loves when we come eat lunch with her.

Here's another visit I had during Fun Fit Friday. The girls showed me some of their gymnastic moves and dances that they had created themselves. The first picture is Wen, Milan, Aubrey, and Lexi. The second picture is Lydia with Aubrey.

One day before the Christmas break, the entire 3rd grade did a polar express adventure and traveled the "world" learning about Christmas in other countries. I helped in Aubrey's classroom which had the country of Brazil. Aubrey's picture on the polar express in their hallway was so cute. She's next to last.

I made a quick stop at Aubrey's classroom during their Christmas party which was held on the last day before the break. They made cookies and played games. I was running Taryn's class party, so I only stayed long enough for a few pictures in Aubrey's class. I luckily got one with Aubrey and her teacher, Mrs. Rader.

We also decided to take the time while I was there to get a picture of the entire class, so that was fun too. Here they all are. Aubrey's doing really well in school, all A's so far. She loves playing with her friends, making up dance numbers, and helping her teachers. She prefers recess and lunch of course because she gets to visit with her friends then, but she says she likes Math and Science the best of all her subjects.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...