Taryn started her first year of school this year. She had been looking forward to it all summer, and even kept asking when it was going to be Dad's birthday because she knew the first day of school was on Tyler's birthday this year. Here she is on the first day. I got a picture of her with Mrs. Hardwick before they left for the classroom. She was a little sad when I had to leave her, but once she gets to the classroom, she always does fine.
We had a harder transition than I thought we would considering how excited she was to start. But the first couple weeks, if I walked Taryn into the cafeteria in the mornings, she would cry when she had to go to the playground, and she didn't want me to leave. Other mornings, I would send her in with Aubrey and Tessa, and she'd do just fine. Once she got into the habit of the morning routine, she did fine; but there were definitely more tears than I thought there'd be. I've been coming to most of Taryn's Fun Fit Fridays so I can see her during PE. We grabbed this picture at her first one, as we walked outside.
In October, the Kindergarten field trip is to a pumpkin patch. I was able to go and help chaperone, and we had so much fun.
We had tables under a big tent and we took some pictures of the class before we left to walk around and play.
We were able to ride the wagon pulled by a huge tractor out to the pumpkin fields where we picked our pumpkins. Here's a picture of Taryn with her new friend Gabby, and then a picture of me and Taryn.
This was the perfect pumpkin that Taryn picked.
We saw some goats and other animals too. Taryn's in this picture with Alyssa and Isabella, twins from her class.
They had huge slides where they got to slide down on potato sacks. Taryn is the one on the left sliding down. She loved the slide.
They also had a huge jumping bubble. We were able to go on with almost her entire class. Here's Taryn jumping with some of her classmates.
It's hard to see in the first picture, but Taryn is completely in the air in this one right above the yellow section. And I loved this second picture because you can see their teacher, Mrs. Hardwick, who jumped with them. It was so awesome!
We did some walking around with Taryn's friends, but we also did a little wondering on her own. She took a turn on the tire horse swing, and we got a picture of her at the entrance to the corn maze.
During lunch they enjoyed the shade of the tent. Here's Taryn smiling her apple smile with Isabella, Alyssa, and Gabby.
We got to see a pig race, so while we waited for the pigs to get ready, I grabbed a picture of the entire class with the moms who came to help. As you can see, Taryn's class shirt was bright green.
As we lined up to get back on the buses, we took a picture of Mrs. Hardwick with her entire class by the pumpkin stand. Taryn's class only has 13 kids this year, with two sets of twins. It's been such a fun class.
Taryn was one of the first kids in her class to have a birthday, so we took donuts to her class and I took a picture of her with her special birthday hat that she got to wear all day. She chose a pretty dress for the fall picture day. This was the picture I printed out to keep on our piano with all the other girls' kindergarten pictures. She looks so old in it I think.
I joined Taryn for her Thanksgiving lunch too. She ate with her friends Cort and Teagan. Teagan was being a stinker and didn't want to look up for the picture, so he posed like this on purpose.
The kindergarten through 2nd grade students participated in the career puppet parade and had to make puppets of what they wanted to be when they grew up. Taryn had decided she wanted to be a dentist. So we gave her puppet a face mask, scrubs, and drew a tooth on her shirt, which is too hard to see in this picture, but it's there.
Instead of keeping all the cute things Taryn brings home from school, I decided to take a picture so we could then throw them away. This was her Thanksgiving placemat and her turkey hat, both crafts she made around Thanksgiving time.
At Christmas, they did a polar express adventure like the older grades. I loved how their pictures on the train in the hallway were posed so it looked like they were waving or looking out the window at the passersby. It was so cute, I had to take a picture.
I helped run the Christmas party on their last day before the Christmas break, but that kept me busy that I wasn't able to take very many pictures. They were able to do a lot of crafts including painting candy cane ornaments.
Mrs. Hardwick made her special holiday drink that had sherbet and ginger ale. Some of the kids liked it, and some of them didn't. They all had a great time playing and crafting though. It was a really fun time.
Taryn finished off her first semester of Kindergarten really strongly. She loves school now and she loves her teacher. She loves learning and helping the other kids in her class. All the other moms say she's the sweetest girl and everyone loves her. She started the year reading a lot of words and can now read all books by herself. We're so proud of her and love to see how grown up she is, even if she'll always be our baby girl.




























No comments:
Post a Comment