Tuesday, June 19, 2018

May, Part 1 - Volleyball Champions, Mother's Day, Kinder Performance

We started off the month of May going to a Chihuahua's baseball game with the Kasallis family. Sam's baseball team had a fundraiser to sell baseball tickets and it was fun to go to the game together. Audrey took pictures with her good camera. They turned out so good. 


Also at the beginning of May, Tyler and I had to split up one night because everyone had activities on the same night. Abby was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society, so Tyler went to that and took pictures of Abby with her friends. The first picture is Abby with her BFF Braelinn and then after the ceremony Abby got a picture with some more of her friends. From left to right it's Andrea, Kendallyn, Alexis, Abby, and Braelinn.

While Tyler went to Abby's induction, I was with Tessa and Aubrey at the Activity Day's Mother/Daughter activity. They did a fairy garden tea party. We made fairy gardens, ate yummy food like butterfly-shaped sandwiches and strawberry ladybugs and star-shaped watermelon. We learned about gardening and flowers. It was a lot of fun. The girls had also made their flower headbands to wear at the activity. It was Tessa's last Mother/Daughter activity since she'll be in young women's by this time next year.

On May the 4th, the girls were encouraged to dress up as Star Wars characters. We looked up cool hairstyles and each of the girls thankfully picked a different character, so Tessa was Rey, Taryn was Leia, and Aubrey was Padme. We did the best we could with costumes considering it was the night before, but the girls were happy with how their looks turned out.

Tessa even dressed up multiple days in a row as Rey to help Mrs. Derrick, the counselor, with some of their Star Wars activities later in the month. She was wearing the costume again on this particular day which happened to be the last Fun Fit Friday where parents can go to PE class with their kids. I decided I should go to Tessa's since it was her final Fun Fit Friday of elementary school. She showed me how she does the monkey bars and I grabbed this picture of her with two of her friends, Bianca and Seki.

The first weekend in May was Abby's final tournament of the volleyball club season. We went to Albuquerque for the National Bid tournament. Our girls had decided they weren't going to try for the National Bid, so they just competed for the Regional championship. We drove out Friday after school and made it in time to go out to dinner with Emily and Allison's families. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious. Our three younger girls loved having Riley to play with so I took a picture of them while we waited for our food. Then I took a picture of the three volleyball players who were there: Allison, Emily, and Abby.

Saturday morning we had time to get ready since our girls didn't play until the afternoon pool. Here's Abby and Emily all ready in the hotel, and here's a picture of the team as they started their first game.

This is one of my favorite pictures. I love getting action shots of Abby's serve. She played so well. They all did. They went undefeated in pool play.

I love this picture too of Emily, Abby, and Andrea. Emily was the team captain this season and this shows her fun, happy personality perfectly. We love these girls. Abby played middle blocker and was really getting her hits and blocks down. She tipped a few spikes and was on top of getting the balls in the air when they came right over the net near her.

Emily's mom caught this picture perfectly as the entire team jumped in the air after someone served an ace. They're all up in the air, so it's such an awesome picture.

On Sunday, the bracket games began. We ended up finding a church near our hotel so we could go to sacrament meeting. Afterwards, we went to the gym where the team was playing to support them since it was the final games of the season. While the girls waited to play, they did each other's eyebrows. I grabbed a picture of Selma doing Abby's eyebrows. They won their first game while we were at church, so we watched them play their final two games. They won both which made them the champions. The championship game was a close one and they ended up going to a third set. Luckily, Emily served a bunch in a row and they got ahead 7-0 so they were able to keep the lead and pull out the win.

The girls were so excited! They were cheering and jumping and screaming and crying. It was so fun to see them all so happy. We took a picture with the team that they played. They were a strong team from Albuquerque who said they hadn't played any competition like us before. They were all good sports and were happy to have the picture taken together.

Abby cheered from the sidelines with Coach Dawson since she didn't play because it was Sunday, but the girls loved having her there and were happy to see her there supporting them. Here's Abby with Andrea and Bella. And then with Sophie, Regina, and Alex.

And finally here's one with Allie, Abby, Emily, Selma, and Andrea. The medals were huge. They were like plates around their necks, but those girls played hard all season and totally earned and deserved them.

On Mother's Day, I took some pictures of the girls before church. I love taking them in front of my flowering bushes. It looks so springy. After church, we took some more pictures of the entire family.

We took some with the Kasallis family too and had to have a serious and a funny picture. These are the pictures I posted on Facebook because we always do Mother's Day together and we love the Kasallis family. We even call ourselves the Kasibbons because we do so much together. We love these guys!

Tyler and Tony made a fancy dinner like they always do on Mother's Day. This was the dessert Tyler made that I requested since Audrey and I both love lemon treats. It's a lemon pudding trifle and it was delicious.

Abby and Taryn had another night of overlapping activities. Abby's band and orchestra banquet was the same night as Taryn's kindergarten performance. I curled their hair and grabbed a picture before Abby was off. They look so cute together and I love this picture because you can see how much they look alike. We always say how much of a mini-me Taryn is since she looks just like how Abby looked at her age.

After dropping Abby off at her banquet, the rest of us headed to Lundy for Taryn's performance. They did a great job. It was so cute to hear them sing all of their songs. I took some of these pictures with Taryn's classmates before the program started. I even found Mrs. Hardwick so she could be in the second picture.

Here's the entire Kindergarten. Taryn's class is the light green. There were only 13 kids in her class and we loved it. Taryn even got a solo part during one song. I didn't get any pictures of it, but they sang a Spanish song about the alphabet, especially the vowels, so she had a U sign on her stomach, but got to turn around and show the picture of a donkey that was on her back that was a part of the song. And she did her part with such confidence; it was so cute. We are so proud of her!

Here were a few closeups that I took during the performance. I thought the first picture was so cute as she made a funny face with the boy next to her. She said she didn't know who he was, but the picture turned out adorable. She had a great Kindergarten year!

Finally, in May we started using our pool. It was warm enough outside that the girls didn't mind the cold water temperature and started swimming on the weekends. They had their friends over one Saturday and they wanted pictures of them jumping in, so these were the best ones of the ones I took. The first picture is of Taryn and her friend Presley. The second picture has Rianne, Aubrey Taryn, and Presley. They had fun and with all the swimming, I feeling like our summer has officially begun!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...