Continuing with our busy schedule in May, we had another night with multiple activities. Abby had her final band concert. All the middle school bands that feed into the high school played a concert together with the Franklin high school band. Tyler and my parents went to that concert. They play in the gym because the group is so large. It's fun to see so many band kids playing together. Abby had a great seat on the end with all the other French horns.
While Abby was performing, I was with the other girls at Lundy for their school talent show. Tessa had been preparing for weeks to perform something on her ukulele and Aubrey put a gymnastics/dance routine together to perform as well. Tessa played and sang Hallelujah and did an amazing job considering she gets very nervous about performing in front of people. Everyone loved it and another mom even told me that her son was asking if he could learn to play the ukulele after hearing her play. Aubrey danced and did some tumbling to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. The crowd really got into it and clapped along with the music while she cartwheeled and somersaulted and danced across the stage. I was so proud of these girls.
Tessa had her final orchestra concert on May 23rd. She was on the end of her row which was good for me to take pictures even though I was sitting in the way back. They played a lot of Star Wars numbers including one that their orchestra teacher, Mrs. Cedillos, had arranged for them. They played quite a few numbers and Tessa loved them all. She would even find them on YouTube so she could listen to how they're supposed to sound and listen to them over and over as she was learning the songs.
Tessa has really enjoyed learning the violin and is looking forward to continuing her music career by playing in the band in middle school next year.
During that last full week of school, it was Taryn's class's turn to do the announcements. It happened to be a day that Tyler was off of work and we were in the school for a volunteer breakfast, so we got to listen to her. My friend in the office took my phone and took pictures for me while they said their names and lines over the PA system. They did a great job!
All three of the girls are in the GT program at school and they have one night dedicated to the GT fair so they can show off the work and projects that they have been working on. Tessa's big 5th grade project is on a person and they were asked to dress up as their research person. She was Walt Disney so she was a little nervous about dressing up as a boy, but wearing our neighbor's suit helped her at least be able to wear clothes that fit her. I pulled her hair back and gave her a mustache to complete the picture. Her friends thought it was awesome. She was a little self-conscious walking in the parking lot, but once she was inside surrounded by everyone else who was dressed up, she got into character and did her part with courage and self-confidence. Taryn's class learned about painters and drew their replications using the techniques of expressionism, pointillism, and cubism.
Aubrey's class worked on utopian societies and her group made their own city complete with a 3D map and city rules. It was fun to see all the creativity and ideas that the kids came up with. I love these smart, creative, adventurous kids who love learning.
During the final week of school, I was able to volunteer during their Field Day. During the Kindergarten portion, I was in charge of the parachute. I grabbed a picture of Taryn's class when they were there. They had so much fun at each of the stations and I took a picture of the entire class with Mrs. Hardwick before they went inside.
I was not able to help with Aubrey's grade during field day because I was at the dentist so I had gone to lunch with just her at school the week before to make up for it. She was good with that since she got her favorite meal from Taco Bell. During Tessa's field day time, I was assigned to the Hippity Hop station but the pictures I took there were all blurry. I was right next to the Tug of War station so I grabbed this picture while Tessa's class competed against each other. Tessa's half won the Tug of War and it was so fun to see them get so excited especially when they had some of the smallest kids on their side. Great job guys!
On Thursday, the next to last day of school, they had the 5th grade awards assembly. The first picture is of half of the 5th grade where Tessa was sitting. Some of the program was just having kids stand up to be recognized for things they were involved in. Tessa got to stand up for Safety Patrol and orchestra. This second picture is when she stood up to be recognized as the Vice President of the student government.
Some of the awards were presented on the stage and the students were able to actually go up on stage. Tessa went up on the stage for 100% attendance and also for A Honor Roll. We're so proud of this girl. She's such a smart, dedicated student. I don't think I realized that she hadn't missed a day all school year until they called her name to go up on stage. She's always been very focused on her grades and determined to keep high As so we knew she would be on the A Honor Roll. She's a great student and loves school and learning.
They called each student individually to walk across the stage for their medal and folder of awards, just like graduation. Their teachers are there to give them the items so I took a picture of her hugging Mrs. Currey and getting her medal and hug from Mr. Martinez.
She knew to stop and pose for a picture before leaving the stage. We laughed because her friend Ethan who had gone a couple before him just walked right off the stage. So his mom and I laughed about how different boys and girls are when it comes to posing for pictures.
After the ceremony, we were able to take some close up pictures of everyone that Tessa wanted a picture with. Here she is on the stage with her favorite teacher, Mr. Martinez. He was her GT teacher for both 4th and 5th grade. I also took a picture of her with both her 5th grade teachers. She really liked them both. Mrs. Currey taught her math and science which are her favorite subjects and Mr. Martinez taught language arts and social studies.
Here's Tessa with Ethan and Reve, both boys from her class this year who are also in her primary class at church. Their moms are my good friends and actually all of our families are really close. We love these kids! Tessa also had to have a picture with her BFF from this year, Bella.
After the ceremony, the parents are encouraged to take their kids home early, so Tessa and I left and ran across town to have lunch with Tyler. It was fun to be just the three of us, since Tessa doesn't get a lot of alone time with both her parents and no sisters. She picked Chic-fil-a and we got to tell Dad all about the awards ceremony over lunch. Afterwards, Tessa and I hung out at home and played the wii while we waited for the other girls to finish the school day.
On the last day of school, June 1st, Tessa had her 5th grade field trip to Bob-Os, where they played games, rode rides, played mini golf and laser tag, and ate lunch. Tessa and Bella loved playing Deal or No Deal in the arcade. They even won 100 tickets when they picked the right case!
Bella, Tessa, and Aubrielle played mini golf together and I took a picture of Tessa riding the go-carts with Mr. Martinez because Tessa was too short to be able to drive by herself.
There were quite a few kids who couldn't ride alone because of their height, but Tessa had planned ahead and asked Mr. Martinez to ride with her before they even got there. I took this picture as they waited in line to show Tessa's height difference compared to her classmates. She's the second one in line. I love her so much! She even rode the spinning drums and had fun going around even though they chose not to spin the drum as fast as it would go.
Their last ride before getting on the bus was the bumper boats. I took a picture of Tessa and Bella waiting in line with some of their classmates. They said they wouldn't get soaked if they stayed away from the waterfall and just shot water at each other. I took one last picture of Tessa, Bella, Reve, and Colton. Everyone had a fun time.
After Bob-Os we went back to the school and I was able to make stops at Aubrey's and Taryn's classes to grab a few final pictures on the last day of school. Aubrey's class was eating so I took a quick picture of her group of tables. And then I took a picture of Aubrey with her teacher, Mrs. Rader, who she loved.
I stopped by Taryn's class and took a picture of her with one of her friends, Bryn, and then a whole class picture as they ate their Bahama Bucks.
I also grabbed one last picture of Taryn with her teacher, Mrs. Hardwick. We love her! She's the best Kindergarten teacher ever and I'm kind of sad we won't be having her as a teacher anymore. She's that good.
Memorial Day weekend was the last weekend before the end of school and Scott and family drove up to stay with us. We played games like usual and played with babies, but I didn't get very many pictures. Here's one of Abby with Daniel. He's getting so big and I love his smile. I also took a picture of the girls as they were getting comfortable on the air mattress. Alexa even climbed up between Chloe and Tessa to be with the big girls.
The babies loved our play kitchen and visiting the chickens in the back yard. I realized that my house is no longer toddler-proof but we did a good job getting it ready for our visitors. After the first night, the babies slept better in their new surroundings but they were leaving the next day. We figured they need to stay longer next time since it's takes a little while for the kids to get used to sleeping in a new bed and new house. We loved having them here and enjoyed our time together. We love our family!








































No comments:
Post a Comment