Wednesday, September 9, 2020

July 2020, Part 2 - Coronavirus Quarantine & Abby the Photographer

To finish out the month of July, I’ve included all the pictures together that were taken by Abby. She’s really been into photography lately, and she’s always asking the girls if they’ll do a photo shoot with her. Since we’re all home together without a lot to do, taking pictures around the house and yard has become a great activity for the girls as long as you can catch them in a good mood to participate. Tessa did a photo shoot first and she even let Abby pick out her outfits and props. They took these pictures in our front yard and Abby edited a few of her favorites. I thought they turned out really good. I love to see the final pictures.
 

This was one of Abby’s first phot shoots using a “grunge” outfit. Tessa was the perfect model for this photo shoot since she’s the least girly in our house. She didn’t mind the comfy clothes including one of Grandpa Black’s old t-shirts and the long board prop.

After the first set of pictures, Abby talked Tessa into a wardrobe change and asked me to do her hair. We did a full braid around the back of her head and added flowers. I loved her outfit and followed them around to help Abby as she took these pictures in our “jungle” - the side yard by our driveway which is full of oleander trees. Abby gets pretty artsy with some of her pictures and she loves to show off Tessa’s beautiful blue eyes.

Here are a couple more of my favorites from this outfit - ones where you can see Tessa’s blue eyes and flowery hair.

I talked Abby into taking a few pictures that included her because as the photographer, she’s usually not in the pictures. Here were my favorites. I love these beautiful girls.
 

Another phot shoot that Abby did starred Aubrey. They decided to do a rainbow photo shoot where all the clothes and props and background are all the same color so here is the rainbow. The pink color was one of my all-time favorites. Abby just kept saying how photogenic Aubrey is.

They had a fun time trying to come up with props that would work for their pictures. Here are the yellow and orange photos. Aubrey was really getting into it.

By the time they did the blue and green photos, they were running out of prop ideas. I was wishing that there were more colorful items for her to hold or wear, but Abby was the photographer, so I really didn’t have a say. They still turned out really cute I thought.
 

These were the final pictures from their rainbow photo shoot. Purple and brown. This “brown” photo was my all-time favorite because I love Aubrey’s face and pose. She looks just like the perfect model even though the brown color isn’t as obvious as the other color photos. I love seeing all of them next to each other and being able to really admire Abby’s talent behind the camera.

After seeing all of Aubrey’s rainbow pictures, I wanted to do some more with all of us, so another day meant another photo shoot when all the girls were in the mood. We attempted doing all the colors of the rainbow too, but we only made it through a couple before some of the girls were just done. The red one was Abby’s favorite, but I loved them all. I really wanted as many props as possible, so Abby let me have my way this time and I thought they all turned out so good.

I love everyone’s facial expressions and I love all the random colorful things that we found around the house to include in our pictures. These four colors were as far as we got, but I really do love them all! It was a fun activity to do since we’re all stuck in the house together anyway. It was a perfect activity to remember 2020 and the things we did during the quarantine.

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...