Tyler is always good to his girls on Valentine’s Day. We hosted the Kasibbons dinner on Valentine’s Day since it was on a Sunday this year. Tyler had roses for all the girls and chocolates for everyone. It was a fun surprise. He also got me a bouquet of tulips - my favorite flower. I took a picture a week or so later once they had bloomed. Beautiful!
El Paso had a fluke snowstorm the weekend of Valentine’s Day. In-person church was cancelled so once we did a sacrament meeting on our own, the kids were out the door to play in the snow. They found the neighbors and had a lot of fun once we finally got all the snow clothes out. At one point I think I had over a dozen kids in my house as they all took a break from the cold outside and had some hot cocoa.
While the girls were still dressed in their church clothes, I talked them into going outside for a little photo shoot. I loved the snow on the bushes behind them and in some of the pictures, you could even see the snow as it fluttered around them. Taryn chose her pose and facial expression and it turned out so beautiful. Her lips matched her dress perfectly. Everyone wore shades of red or pink for Valentine’s Day. I loved Aubrey’s hair as it blew in the breeze and I love how you can see the blue pool in the background surrounded by all the snow.
Tessa and Abby had pictures taken while it was still snowing, but it just enhanced the pictures. I love these beautiful ladies. After a lot of pictures were taken, they chose their favorite one to include in this post. I loved them all!
I took a picture with all four of them as well. Tyler had too many meetings so we didn’t get any family pictures, but having one of just the girls was great for me. It’s currently my phone screen saver. February 14th also happened to be the day that Abby was scheduled to get her patriarchal blessing. We met the patriarch, Pres. Jensen, at the church that afternoon. He met with Abby for 5 to 10 minutes to visit with her, and then Tyler and I got to join them as he gave her the blessing. It was so awesome. We were all crying by the end. She had been preparing for this moment for months. She had fasted and prayed to know when to get her patriarchal blessing and she fasted and prayed leading up to it to be ready. She was spiritually ready and I think she was very happy with the outcome. Pres. Jensen raved about Abby to us and about how impressed he was with her and her upbringing. He said he always gets pictures with the people he gives blessings to and Abby was happy to have a picture as well. It was a great day.
Tessa had her second and final track meet in February at the Franklin field and we were able to attend in person. The track girls took this selfie as they waited for the meet to begin.
Tessa ran the 100 meter first and she was in the second heat. She was first in her heat which was awesome, but she didn’t place overall in that race. She ran the 400 meter next and ended up 2nd in her heat and 2nd overall. She was happy to medal in that race and is starting to feel like that may be her favorite race to run.
Tessa had challenged the anchor of her relay team during practice and won, so she ran as anchor for the 4 by 400 relay race this time. They were the only 8th grade team for that race, so they got the gold medal. They raced with their 7th grade team and lost to them, but they medal based on grade so it didn’t matter that they were 2nd in that race.
Tessa likes running the relay and as she ran past the side where we were sitting, I was able to get a few good pictures. I loved watching her race. It was a fun morning. One of her Young Women’s leaders, Sis. Kener, came to watch and cheer her on as well, so that was awesome.
Tessa and her closest friends from the team took another selfie as they congratulated one another and said goodbye after the meet was over. I had Tessa send those pictures to me so I could have them too. It’s such a good group of girls.
Taryn had more basketball games. I missed one while I was at Tessa’s track meet that Tyler went to, but I was able to go the following week to her next game. She’s getting pretty good and she really likes to play. She’s great at teamwork and passing the ball. She’ll also wait down in the post position and as teammates pass her the ball, she’ll turn and shoot and make the basket almost every time. She’s really having fun playing basketball, especially since she gets to play with Teagan, her best friend.
Another event from February was Abby’s child development assignment to take care of a robot baby for a weekend. She went and picked up the baby and all of his supplies on Friday and he “turned on” that night at 6:00pm. Abby named him Mateo Eugene. She was so excited to look after the baby. She wore a bracelet that activated his reactions and she had to feed him, change him, and hold him whenever he got fussy. She set up the pack ‘n play in her room and she was the one to wake up throughout the night whenever he started to cry. Abby was very good at taking care of him and she even had a baby play date with Sarah and her robot baby who was doing the assignment on the same weekend as well. Abby had to take him to her parties that her friends had on Saturday and also to church on Sunday. She did a great job, but she was happy when the baby “turned off” Sunday night. She said it was fun, but she was very tired from the lack of sleep.
Taryn has her friend Ashleigh over occasionally and they love to play. They like to make their own pretend YouTube videos and record themselves as they talk and sing. I walked by and took a picture as they were recording themselves because they were being so cute. My final picture is of all the fun treats and surprises I received from my coworkers after I was voted Support Staff Person of the Year. I was pretty surprised when I saw my name on the list of those nominated, but I was completely shocked when they made the announcement that I had won. All of the employees at Lundy vote from a list of staff members which includes pretty much anyone who’s not a teacher - office staff, custodians, cafeteria, etc. I was completely surprised. Everyone congratulated me for days and the ladies in the office brought me the treats, flowers, and balloons. It was so nice of them. I really love where I work and I love all the people I get to work with.






















No comments:
Post a Comment