Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

So, last Saturday was my birthday. It was a great day. It started with a surprise visit from our friends, the Gustavesons, who sang Happy Birthday to me on their way out of town. Then, when Tyler got home from work, he had a birthday cake and lots of presents. I suppose I should start with the day before. We went shopping for my big present, a dining room table, which we purchased, had help from my brother picking up, and Tyler had put together by 12:30 am the morning of my birthday. Here it is with my cake and presents. It has two self-storing leaves that can make it large enough for 10 people. I love it!!! Here are the other presents I got from Tyler and the girls. Yes, you do see a lot of Stephenie Meyer books. The Twilight Series books (vampire books as Abby calls them) were what I asked for. Her new book, The Host, was a surprise that Iwasn't expecting, but was so excited to get. And a board game which we've already broken out and played. It was a great birthday.
The chocolate cake was very yummy. The girls thought so too.

We finished out my birthday with a little date for me and Tyler. We went to Dave and Busters for dinner and games while our friends, the Brodericks, watched the girls. It was a lot of fun. Thank you Dave and DeLaine for making us go out by ourselves! :)

And finally, not dealing with my birthday at all, here is Tyler's early Father's Day present:
We'll be out of town on Father's Day and who can pass up an amazing Memorial Day sale? So we got it early. Too bad it took Tyler awile to put it together, so we haven't been able to test it out yet, but I see (and smell) some yummy BBQing in our near future. :)

10 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Hay! Happy Birthday, again. Looks like you had a great one.

And if that grill goes missing, come look in my backyard. (Mine died)
:)

Delaine Broderick said...

i'm glad it was such a great day! It's nice to have exceptionally good days every once in awhile.
I can't believe you didn't mention the second cake you got! just kidding

Kristin said...

I love your new kitchen table! And that grill! Lucky Tyler! I'm glad you had an awesome b-day! You deserve it!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Happy birthday!!! Thanks for the info about the new Twilight series book!

Cody and Sherrie said...

happy birthday. looks like you had a good one.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday!! sounds like you had lots of fun;-) I like your new kitchen table. Tyler and I got a new one for our birthdays as well. It's nice having a table that you like!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! You will have to tell me how the new book is. I saw it at the book store the other day but wasn't quite sure about it.

Berk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berk said...

I don't use these blogs much as you can tell from my accidental deletion of the previous comment. (i thought i was going to edit it not delete it) I really don't know what I am doing other than inviting myself over for a bbq. I got to get me a grill like that one.

Brittney said...

Happy birthday! You'll love "The Host!" I read it a couple weeks ago and am still thinking about it! =) And I just convinced Heather to start "Twilight." She's been a little bit out of it. =)

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...