Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Rotten, Terrible, No Good, Horrible Day (or however it goes...)

So you've heard the saying "a picture says a thousand words", so get a load of this:


Can you believe my baby?!? I guess the title is a bit of an overstatement because it's not actually as bad as the picture leads to believe or it could have been a lot worse, however you want to look at it. So here's the scoop:



The girls and I were at the playground yesterday when Abby wanted to go down the twisty tunnel slide, but she didn't want to go by herself, so I went with her and put Tessa on my lap as well. As we went around the first curve, Tessa must have bonked her leg funny because when we got to the bottom, she was crying. I didn't know if it was because she was hurt or because she just didn't like the slide. She was also very tired, so I thought that was part of it. Anyway, so we went home shortly after and she fell asleep on the way so she took a normal nap. But when she woke up she was still really fussy and that was the first time I attempted to have her walk and she wouldn't even put any weight on her right leg.



So I called Tyler, took the girls to his office, and we went to an urgent care place. They did xrays but couldn't see anything that stood out as being broken or dislocated but they referred us to an orthopedic office which we went to this afternoon. They took more xrays at this office, and the doctor saw a small crack in her bone, right below her knee, so they put her in a full leg cast. At least it's hot pink! But she'll have it for 4 weeks, my poor baby. As long as she was off her leg, she was fine, so her cast wasn't the result of any major break or surgery or anything like that, so like I said it could have been a lot worse, but it was still hard for this mommy to go through.



While we were at one of the many waiting rooms this week, Tyler was trying to make me feel better by reminding me that he had a full leg cast when he was about Tessa's age as well, so he's telling everyone that Tessa is just following in her daddy's footsteps.

Like father, like daughter. That's been our last couple days. Hope yours have gone better. :)

7 comments:

Andrew and Tara Judd said...

Oh what a horrible aunt I am!! I didn't even know, but even with a cast on her leg she is still one of the cutest nieces ever:)!!!! Hope everything heals fine. We love you!!

Siouxsie said...

That sounds so not fun but thank heavens she's isn't injured more. Kids her age just head amazingly fast, too. Hopefully everyone will recover physically & emotionally really fast! And she does look super cute with hot pink accessory. ;-)

Delaine Broderick said...

Poor Tessa:( I was thinking about her today and was going to call you to see how she is doing. I'm glad that you were able to figure out what was wrong with her leg! she is tough anyway so she will be just fine:0! I'll make sure Conner doesn't try to knock her over!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Oh NO!!! The pink is cool though, when I was 6 and had a full cast like that I had to have plain white.

J D C and N said...

Poor little thing! That is so funny that Tyler had a full leg cast too at her age...what are the odds? If it makes you feel any better our family is always experiencing weird injuries. That's sweet that it's hot pink! (is Abby jealous?!)

Kristin said...

That is so sad that Tessa broke her leg! I'm glad she'll be okay. It might be a rather long 4 weeks for you, though!

Unknown said...

Oh, she is so cute no matter what is on her leg! That picture of Tyler is also a keeper. Poor little Tessa. No worries Mom--she is gonna be fine ;D

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...