So it's only been over a month, but I'm finally getting around to posting our pictures from our trip to Las Vegas. The week before Christmas, we left our kids with Grandma and Grandpa Gibbons, and Tyler and I fly to Vegas from Salt Lake to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Bellagio Hotel which is where we stayed for part of our honeymoon ten years ago. It was as pretty as ever, however Tyler was bummed because they didn't upgrade us to a lake view room like they did the first time. Apparently your 10th anniversary isn't as big of a deal as your honeymoon, but they were also really busy the week we were there. I still love their lobby ceiling - filled with blown glass flowers. Sorry for the up-the-nose shot, but I wanted us in the picture too.
The Bellagio had a huge Christmas setup right off their lobby that we walked past every day. Here are some pictures from that. I liked the jumping fountains around the huge ornament balls.
Tyler liked the penguin display. They used thousands of flowers for all the displays. It was amazing.
There was a huge tree in the center with a train that went around the base. We found a nice couple to take a picture of us so we could have one with both of us in it.
The Bellagio houses the world's largest chocolate fountain. It was right outside a little cafe where we ate multiple times. They had some yummy pastries and the biggest crepes you've ever seen. I told Tyler to pretend he was "tasting" the chocolate from the fountain.
In the New York New York Hotel I had to stop and take a picture of the Statue of Liberty made out of jelly beans. This was Abby's favorite picture from our trip that she told everyone about when talking about our trip.
We spent the majority of our time shopping. We bought too much stuff for the girls, but they loved it all. Most of it came from the M&M's store.
And I even talked Tyler into getting us one of those laser-imaged glass cubes that has your picture in it. That was our keepsake for us. I think it's awesome. Every hotel had beautiful Christmas decorations. I couldn't help taking lots of pictures at many different spots. I really liked this one which was right around the corner from a huge waterfall.
The big show that we saw was the Blue Man Group. They were awesome! It was more entertainment than percussion which was different than I was expecting, but it was still really really good.
After that concert, we ate at a fancy restaurant right around the corner in the hotel. It was one of those super fancy ones, and we felt kind of out of place. I decided we're not meant for that kind of upper-class dining. The food was good, but for the price, we would have been just as happy eating at a regular restaurant. But it was fun to say we did it (plus I had a restaurant.com coupon so we didn't pay full price). And the waiter was still more than willing to take a picture of us for our keepsakes.
We also went to a Price is Right Live show where it's just like the real show with contestants from the audience and big prizes and everything. It was fun, but we didn't win anything. :( I decided it's one of those things that you'd have to go to multiple days in a row to increase your chances of getting on the stage and winning something. It was still a lot of fun.
We had a great time in Las Vegas, although we were ready to get home to our girls and our family for the rest of the Christmas vacation. But it was definitely a nice, relaxing get away. And to spend it with my sweetheart of 10+ years - what a treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment