Tessa had her best year yet. With all the drama of her 2nd grade class, we were happy to have a quiet, stress-free year for her. She had an awesome teacher and nice classmates, which made for the easy, fun year. Here's Tessa on the first day of school, one at home and one in her new classroom.
Tessa's wanted a picture with the neighbor cat, Scally, too, so we took this picture the morning of the fall school pictures. I love her blue eyes! Tessa made these glasses and wore them all day at school one day. She's our creative, outgoing, carefree girl; and I thought it was hilarious that she chose to wear these all day and that her teacher didn't mind either.
I took a selfie with Tessa at the Thanksgiving feast lunch. I think she might have had food in her mouth at the time, hence the funny smile. She loved that Taryn and I were there to eat lunch with her.
Tessa's 3rd grade program was Christmas themed. They wore red, white, and green and sang Christmas songs. Her class was the far right class on the stage, and she was the farthest right student on the front row. They were sitting in chairs, so it was hard to see her over all the heads, but you can see the top of her face in the second picture.
I took most of the close up pictures after the program, so I was able to grab pictures of Tessa with her friends then. Here are a few. From the left: Olivia, Tessa, Analia, Matthew; Sophia, Olivia, Tessa, and Analia.
Here's Tessa with her 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Norton. We loved her! Abby didn't have her, so she was a new teacher for us, but she was amazing and awesome. She always raved about Tessa as well, telling us how easy going Tessa is, and what a great student she is.
Because I spent most of my time helping Aubrey's class during party days, I only ever had enough time to stop by Tessa's class and grab a quick picture or two. Here's Tessa with her friends, Analia and Sophia, on the last day of school before the Christmas break.
The beginning of the new year began with the school spelling bee. Each class in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades have a spelling test to determine the top two spellers in each class. Each of those top two spellers get to participate in the school spelling bee. Tessa was one of those two! She was excited to be one of the winners in her class, but once she found out the school spelling bee included being on stage with a microphone in front of a lot of people, she was too scared and didn't want to do it. We spent a lot of time trying to convince her to at least try, and once I asked her teacher to help, between the two of us, we talked her into going through with it. She did awesome considering she was scared from the beginning. They were numbered 1-50 and she was given the number 44. She made it through the first round, but messed up the spelling of the word on her second round. By then though, over half of the kids were already out as well, so she did extremely well for her first time. I was so proud of her. We had worked on the practice words a little, but after experiencing the actual spelling bee and hearing a lot of the same words that we had practiced, I think she's going to be even more motivated to try her hardest next year to compete again.
On spring picture day, we took pictures at home before school again, so here's Tessa's best picture from that morning. (She actually let me do her hair this particular morning, which is a rare occurrence.)
Once a month, the school has Fitness Fridays where parents are allowed to join their students during PE. With the change from Wednesdays to Fridays, I had a harder time going to the school, but I did make it out a couple of times during the year. Sometimes, I think I ended up going to Tessa's PE class and then going to lunch with Aubrey because those were at least back to back. Here's Tessa with some of her classmates, Blaire and Rafa, during one of the Fitness Fridays.
Tessa had a good room mom that helped with all the class activities. She was asked to decorate Mrs. Norton's door during the spring, so she looked to the other moms for help. I went to the school one morning with a couple other moms and we put this door decoration together. The kids thought it was cool and Mrs. Norton loved it. It was fun being at the school and doing something for Tessa's class.
In April, it was the Fine Arts Night which included a talent show. The only picture I took of Tessa was of her art display, which is the panoramic drawing of mountains and stars that's to the right of her shoulder. She's dressed in a leotard because she also participated in the talent show, but even though I videoed her performance, I didn't take any pictures from it. I was so sad when I realized I missed taking pictures. She did a dance/tumbling number with our neighbor Claire. Abby choreographed the number and helped them practice. It looked really good and they got a lot of cheers and applause throughout the entire number. They were second on the talent show program too, because we had to rush off for the teacher appreciation night that was at the church the same night.
Tessa nominated her teacher, Mrs. Norton, for the teacher appreciation night. Blaire from her class did too. Tessa was so cute because her comments about Mrs. Norton included that "she's always nice, and I love how she winks at me whenever she looks at me." Everyone thought that was funny and Mrs. Norton told me afterwards how she doesn't even realize she does things until they're told to her like that. She thought it was funny too. We took pictures during the refreshments - one with just Tessa, and one with Blaire and Tessa.
Tessa has continued in GT as well and still excels in all of her classwork. She partnered with some classmates on a castle project and we took pictures of their display on GT night. Jiya, one of her partners, was also there, so we got them together. Tessa stayed for awhile with Jiya so they could answer questions about their castle for anyone stopping by to see it.
Again, on the last day of school, during the party time, I was mostly with Aubrey's class, but I ran downstairs to Tessa's class a few times to check on her and take some pictures. I got one last picture of Tessa with Mrs. Norton, and I tried to take a picture of her whole class as they watched their movie. She had another great year academically, making all A+ grades for the entire year. She is definitely a smart girl and we're so proud of all that she has learned and accomplished this year.























No comments:
Post a Comment