Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Post About Taryn and Memorial Day 2016

I decided with all the pictures I'm accumulating of Taryn, she should have her own post since all the other girls will be having their annual school post coming up. So I'm starting with her as the school year comes to a close. Some of the pictures I've taken of Taryn were to post on Facebook or text to someone, but they're cute enough to keep here. Aunt Tiffany sent a text to me a couple weeks ago talking about her daughter Lucy who's Taryn's age, so we took this picture of Taryn waving so we could text back saying that Taryn was saying hi to Lucy. It was fun. We even got a picture in response of her kids waving back. The next picture I put on Facebook because it was so cute of Taryn sleeping with her headphones on. She gets to stay up later than the other girls because of naps and no school for her, so she'll sometimes watch shows on my iPad using the headphones so dad can watch his own shows on our tv. This is how I found her after getting ready for bed myself. She's so cute!

I posted already about the model home that we viewed with my parents, but here's another picture of Taryn in the Minnie room. She loved playing with all the Minnie stuff and it was hard to get her to leave. It was seriously a dream room for a girl like her. Next, Taryn found a pair of our pink ear covers that we bought when the girls were afraid of loud noises like fireworks. She walked around the house for a long time with them on, and the fact that they matched her dress was too cute to pass up without taking a picture. We love this funny girl! 

Before school let out, Taryn was invited to a couple birthday parties for her friends. She had two within a week, both held at Chuck E. Cheese. I only took pictures at the first one which was for her friend Kierah's birthday. It was cute seeing all the 4- and 5-year-olds playing together and having the whole place to themselves without older siblings in the way. Taryn had fun riding riding the horse and playing all the games. I tried getting a picture of her with Kierah and Kaitlyn but Chuck E. had just come out so it was hard to get them all to look at me at the same time.

So I took a picture of all the birthday kids with Chuck E. too, which was still difficult since getting that many kids to stand still at the same time is no small feat. Her next party at Chuck E. Cheese was for Teagan. I guess I didn't take any pictures at that party, but it was just as much fun for all the kids to run around and play games together and eat pizza and birthday cake. Taryn had a blast. 

This last picture is of Taryn with her friends Keane and Ava whose moms play volleyball with me; so when we're at the church playing, the kids get together to play. I found them in the nursery like this, under the rug like it was a blanket. Too cute. I love the imagination of kids.

Also, I have some pictures to include from our trip to San Antonio for our annual Memorial Day weekend. We traveled down to visit Scott and Nevla and hang out with them all weekend. My parents came down with us this year too. They headed out before us since they had been at our house the week leading up to that weekend. We thought we'd catch up with them on the drive, but we ended up spending the morning getting a nail taken out of a tire in our van, so that put us way behind on our drive out of town. We were happy the maintenance light came on before the long drive so we could take care of it instead of being stranded in the middle of nowhere, but we didn't get to their house until after midnight that night. We played games, swam, and visited all weekend. We took Grandma and Grandpa to the Quadrangle where we had gone before to see the deer and peacocks. I took all my pictures from the weekend there. 

The kids enjoyed feeding the deer and following the peacocks around. The peacocks weren't showing their feathers this time, and the girls kept looking for lost peacock feathers on the ground, but there weren't any of those lying around, so the girls were sad. But they still enjoyed chasing them around and feeding them.

We fed the fish in the pond and even found some baby peacocks. They're in the second picture right in front of the second peacock. They were so cute. 

I took a picture of all the girls sitting in the shade. I had to crop out Abby because she's holding Hope, the foster baby that Scott and Nevla currently have. We're not allowed to include pictures of her online, but Abby was basically her babysitter all weekend because she loves her so much. I also love this picture because of the peacock that's photo-bombing in the background. We thought that was pretty awesome. 

On the day that we traveled home, Aubrey and I realized that we were wearing matching outfits, so I had a picture taken of us in our yellow and gray stripes. Scott and Nevla are expecting their second baby in July, so we talked about names (they don't know what they're having), and had a fun time visiting and playing games. We love having the girls play with Chloe and Hope and it's always sad to go. We plan on returning over Labor Day weekend for Chloe's baptism and the new baby's blessing. We're excited for all of their upcoming family events. 

Finally, I wanted to include a picture of each of the girls from a Sunday morning when we used my new curling iron to do their hair. They turned out so cute. Here they are.

Taryn didn't want her hair curled, but I took a picture of her at church that same day, so she can be included here. I love my beautiful girls. 

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...