Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and No More Cast!

Our Thanksgiving was a nice, quiet family event. We enjoyed hosting all of my family (but my mom was still the head chef in my kitchen, thank goodness). We played games, the Wii, and of course took pictures. Here's the latest of the 5 grandkids.

Tyler was sick the whole week poor guy. He was out with some kind of respitory infection/congestion thing for like 10 days. He didn't even get to enjoy much of Thanksgiving dinner. It didn't keep him from playing the typical turkey bowl Thanksgiving morning with our nephew and the rest of the men from our ward though. Luckily he's doing much better now. Abby helped in the kitchen. We made four pies: pumpkin, pecan, cherry, and chocolate. Yummy.Our main event to start December was getting Tessa's cast removed. That happened yesterday. She only cried a little and we got to keep the pink cast for a memory keepsake. She was so cute trying to tell us about her leg through tears--jibbering while pointing at her leg in between the deep sighs that come after a good cry. It was so adorable. She's now relearning how to walk again. She crawled for half the day yesterday and has now decided to attempt walking, but her leg is still a little stiff like she's not quite sure how to bend it. And she still walks on her toes on that leg like she had to with the cast. It's all coming back to her quickly, so it won't be long before she's running around again and doing all her other crazy stunts.

Finally, a little on Abby so you know she's not being neglected. She loves preschool and today they did a project where they had to cut out pictures from magazines that made them think of "me." So here's the final outcome of what Abby thinks of when she thinks of Abby:

From top to bottom, left to right, here's what Abby said when I asked her why she chose each picture:

  1. I like swimming
  2. She's picking flowers
  3. 'A' is for Abby
  4. Looking awesome
  5. Nail polish because I like to look beautiful
  6. I like to eat food

Pretty clever I think, and rather fitting for our Abby. :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Good to hear Tyler's better and Tessa's cast-free. Abby's preschool project is so cute!

Unknown said...

I noticed that Tessa was walking a little stiff! I thought it was so cute ;D No worries, she'll get the hang of it again.

Oh and I LOVED Abby's project! I was so proud of her because she was getting so into creating it. She was my *A* student this week in preschool. I had a lot of fun with her ;D

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...