Sunday, September 19, 2010

Museum of Science & Nature

We spent our Labor Day at the Museum of Science and Nature in Dallas and we had a blast! This museum is tailored to kids ages infant to like 7 so it was perfect for our family. My parents were in town, so we went with them and my brother and his family. The girls really enjoyed it and the prices were awesome. Here are the highlights:

Note: I forgot my camera so unfortunately all these pictures were taken on my phone, so if there is any movement whatsoever, the picture comes out blurry. At least you get the idea anyway...

The kid's favorite exhibit was the fire truck complete with slides. You could dress up like a fireman and take a turn on their truck. Tessa preferred sliding while
Aubrey took the wheel.
Abby chose her own pose with the Woolly Mammoth outside the Nature Building.
The girls (and Dad) loved the entire section they had on lights and vision.
Don't you just love Abby's face?
One of Aubrey's favorite sections was the room dedicated to bodies of water. This is the most blurry picture, but I loved it because you can see the size of the huge ducks they had, which of course Aubrey loved and got mad whenever someone took them from her. She tried multiple times to walk away with one.
Tyler was awesome at making huge bubbles. I love this picture because besides the fact that the huge bubble is perfect, it has the words "bubbles, bubbles, bubbles" right in the middle of the bubble! How awesome is that?!? I couldn't have managed this picture any better if I were actually trying to accomplish it!
They had so much to see and do at the Museum of Science and Nature. It's definitely a place we would go back to. And I was happy to spend the time with family and especially with Tyler on one of his few days off. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

December, Part 2-Abby's 18th Birthday & Christmas

Our ward at church had their annual Christmas party in mid-December. The youth were asked to do some musical numbers. All of the youth sang ...